Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2005 mk4 jetta tdi 5-spd 09A Transmission issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bar&kevs View Post
    # 170 this thread is really bothering me. I don't think anyone learned anything from this thread. imo your intention was never to fix the problem the right way. that trans is a quiet nice when you do the updates to it. many different people can give advice, learn who to accept it from. at the end of the day I don't want someone else to get the wrong Idea when you had already decided that you weren't going to fix this trans.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but "fixing it the right way" requires specialized skills and equipment well beyond those that most of us possess? I know good techs who have no compunctions overhauling a manual, but they who won't touch a slushbox because they know they don't have "the right stuff". I suppose a few people probably do have it, but feedback from customers indicates that they are few and far between at best.

So let me pose a hypothetical: Let's say someone had one of these transmissions and really did want to "fix it right". Where should they go to get it done, how much would it cost, and how long would it take?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    And let's also remember that this transmission was "professionally rebuilt" 30k or so ago. I'm not sure how anyone could not find this thread informative and learn from it. Thanks again to all.

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed........... I can rebuild the transmission from top to bottom.
    I aforementioned that the parts in order to do so.......... exceed the cost of labor and a new unit from the dealer.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Locoelectrician liked this post