Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking MAF 2000 audi s4

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Checking MAF 2000 audi s4

I am having some issues with my B5 S4. I would like to check the MAF for proper function VIA VagCom, but I am not sure how to go about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes roth, dubblrest1985 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, UWE. Hopefully this will lead to my boost loss issue!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boost should be checked in block 0x01-08-115 third and fourth field for request verse actual MBAR made in fourth field.

Please post a complete auto-scan......

Is this car modified?

Heads up......... Y pipe boot is a bitch and like to tear/leak underside at TV and MAP.
    Inspect it!

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have included a little more insight, to allow you more knowledgeable fellows lend a hand. My s4 is a basic "stage 2" with full, catless exhaust, SRM sidemount intercoolers and a tune for 16 psi.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a boost gauge as well.

Here is a basic run down of the "symptoms" I have experiencing...

What causes our engines not to hit the suggest boost level? My car is just a basic "stage 2". Tune for 16 psi. It use to peak and hold a steady 16psi, might drop to 15psi.

It's been an annoying problem for a little while but I don't beat on the car all the time so it was put on the back burner. The issue at first was, boosting 13 maybe 14 and tapering to 11, along with a weird surge when I would let off while giving it full throttle. Replaced a few vacuum hoses that had slow leaks, now I'm seeing a consistent 14 with a taper to 12, no surge.

710n diverter valves checked out ok.

N75 valve checked out ok

Boost leak was repaired

What else causes the car not to get to 16psi like it use to? My next step is to look at the MAF and clean that, see if anything changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now that you have stated attributes truthfully.
    You still have failed to post the scan and you can edit the last six of VIN#

Stage JEW usually has emission monitors deleted so is that the case.
    Trims wont mean shit if this is the case............

VCDS can be used in conjunction to your boost gage to check it.

How about doing a log for the channel I aforementioned when condition exists?

I personally think you are on the wrong path.
    Being evasive with information will only result in a poor diagnostic path.

Why are you on the air mass kick anyway? ......explain please

I bet you have a boost leak still or fuel issue.............causing an unknown limp.

10. Likes dubblrest1985 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am certainly not being "evasive" with my information, just explaining my situation the best way I can.

The reason I am on the MAF kick is basically a lack of knowledge about the situation, I am researching and asking questions everywhere I can, and the MAF has been something that has been brought up in the conversation.

I've run VagCom with no fault codes.

Much appreciation to everyone involved in helping me diagnose this issue and teaching me along the way!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just went out and ran a few logs with blocks 32 33 and 115. Also ran anther scan for codes, coincidentally this is the first time on 3 years I've had and engine code come up (including last week when I scanned). So this should be interesting lol. Looking forward to figuring this out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean evasive by not meeting the needs for people to help you in the forum with the requested data or mentioning aforementioned boost leak up front.

Then why not post the auto-scan?
    Everyone here will tell you to post an auto-scan.
    Even though there are no codes........ maybe another conflict/limitation exists that isn't seen in DTC's

So what you tuned with?

If there are no fault codes..........speculation is you can attribute that to lazy tuning I described before for stage JEW.
    More than likely...... deletes of the diagnostic stack are set to zero, or always ready/OK/picking up those saved pennies.

A cheap tune costs more in the long run........ than the money saved or improper advisement through convoluted advertisements.

It is recommended you flash to stock/get second ecu and fix the DTC's that are needed to find the solution.

Logs of tests that won't operate are worthless.

Let me know if I can be of help with a data transfer or backup ecu for off road use or proper smog unit.

Don't waste money on parts you don't need until you are sure.

If you thought the MAF was the limitation......... you could simply unplug it to verify and adapt around it to check.