Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AC Blows Hot Air with Fan Error-2008 Rabbit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....Ran output test on fans. Both fans start and run during test.
    Not sure if this model has a slow speed, but for now, I assume not, since that was not part of the test. I cleared faults for fans. They have not returned, yet.
    Downloaded VW Repair Manual for HVAC system, and wiring diagram. Yikes, wiring diagram was a large file, but I have it now.
    ....not sure what to do, but I think I will try output test HVAC and see what happens.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...previous statement about fans working was incorrect. I saw them running at high speed, but when I turn on the ignition and turn on the ac...neither fan is running, and since I have a fault on the fans, I'm going to remove the fault before considering ac again.

I'm going to revisit output test to see if I can learn more about the fans.
    Don't speculate verify the mechanical's yet?

....Ran output test on fans. Both fans start and run during test.
    Not sure if this model has a slow speed, but for now, I assume not, since that was not part of the test. I cleared faults for fans. They have not returned, yet.
    Downloaded VW Repair Manual for HVAC system, and wiring diagram. Yikes, wiring diagram was a large file, but I have it now.
    ....not sure what to do, but I think I will try output test HVAC and see what happens.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-05-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the videos.
    Pretty sure I observed pulley and shaft spinning together. So, I think that part is mechanically sound.

I will try to test for power to the RCValve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the videos.
    Pretty sure I observed pulley and shaft spinning together. So, I think that part is mechanically sound.

I will try to test for power to the RCValve.
    So you did this by taking off hub and verifying or you used x-ray super hero vision?

If you think you are doing this by looking at pulley on belt and center clutch like a traditional compressor you are way wrong!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! Quite a lot of sarcasm, but I get your meaning. I understand there is not an external clutch, but I thought I could see pulley and shaft turning together, but apparently that might not be the case. I will have to look at that again!

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea...........

Did you know it only takes a couple minutes to take hub off to inspect it?

You would appreciate that video and spare part if you dont have to change valve or open system.