A5 B8 cold bulb check deactivation

stylobic

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I'm very new on this forum, and don't know much about diag, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

I own a A5 2011 CAB, and last year I installed "CANBUS error free" dynamic mirror turn signal. Couple of month ago, I started to get bulb error after ignition. Now it's almost everytime.
The signal is working perfectly, so could you tell me if with your interface, I will be able to prevent this cold bulb check ? Even Audi doesn't know !!
I read a lot on the internet and it's not so clear. I found a lot of dicussion about reverse bulb but nothing about mirror turn signal.

If it's possible, I'd like to go and to show Audi the procedure, I guess they use VCDS ?

Thank you, this warning every time I start the car drives me crazy !

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Audi don't use VCDS, they have an official tool - however some dealers do also use VCDS as well as the official tool.

stylobic

Reaction score
I didn't ask what Audi uses, but I already asked if they can deactivate this bulb check and they said they don't know how. Does it mean they don't know or they don't want ?
I searched and found this forum that could be useful, if someone knows how to do with VCDS, I could find a dealer that is using it. I cannot afford to buy the software just for this.

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
I have dynamic indicators in my A5 and they give no error. Perhaps your indicators have a fault? I'd prefer to have working indicators and bulb warning than just disabling the warning system.

stylobic

Reaction score
Sure i too prefer having warning, those indicators were ok the first 6 months, now they are not. They are difficult to install, and all thoses plastic tabs of mirror cover are very fragile, I 'd rather not remove and reinstall again to prevent any damage. For sure if it's not possible to deactivate, I'll get new ones. But for now, i'm looking into VCDS or other software solution.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
If it's possible, I'd like to go and to show Audi the procedure, I guess they use VCDS ?

I didn't ask what Audi uses
You didn't ask, but you did say "I guess they use VCDS" so I thought I would make you aware they they don't use VCDS.

I agree with Viking it sounds like the "CANBUS error free" dynamic mirror turn signal that you fitted are faulty.

stylobic

Reaction score
Apparently, the mirror indicator light should be part of MODULE 42 (driver) and 52 (passenger). I have an example with AUDI A6/A7 like this:

sJWYCBy

Could someone tell me how to find what function each bit has for an 2011 A5 CAB ?
It may be possible to tell the module that LED are installed ? Otherwise deactivate the cold check.

EDIT: ok image don't work, so the link is :

https://vagcode.info/components/9c62dd6c548d0afec6f91305ff6b8841.html

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Could someone tell me how to find what function each bit has for an 2011 A5 CAB ?
If you had VCDS the Long Coding Helper would show you what all the bits in the coding do for the specific software/hardware version of the #42 & #52 modules fitted to your car.

Without knowing the specific hardware/software versions you have it's difficult (impossible?) to answer that question.

Is there anyone close to you with VCDS who could do an Auto-Scan for you so that you could post it here?

stylobic

Reaction score
Thx for the suggestion, I will try to find where to scan nearby.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Thx for the suggestion, I will try to find where to scan nearby.
Make sure they have a LEGAL copy of VCDS, if it's a clone this thread will end up in the "Hall of Shame" ;)

Reactions: Uwe
Back