Dealer visit upcoming -- what to do with tweaks?

bluetomato

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=407511
Hello,

I have an upcoming appointment with my dealership on some service items. I have made a few tweaks (adaptation changes only) and have a record of them saved in a document, however, should I return the tweaks to their original settings before the visit, not worry about or, as I read somewhere, will the dealer scantool reset the tweaks to factory? Will the dealership know adaptations were changed from factory?

Thanks!

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
Don't worry about it. There is nothing wrong (or illegal) about any changes you can make with VCDS. The dealer's scan tool will not reset anything to "factory settings" unless they have to re-program a control module. As to whether or not the dealership know that adaptations were changed - the answer is probably not. However, even if they notice some changes - they really won't care. You own the car and it is yours to do as you want to it (as long as it is legal). I have made lots of changes to VWs (both hardware and software) and the only real reaction I ever got from a dealership was when the mechanic came out to ask me where I got my skidplate - he wanted one, too.

Have Fun!

Don

bluetomato

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=407511
Awesome, thank you! Like I said, I have a record of what I changed just in case things get reset.

Back