Thread: Disable Straight Line Braking Stabilization in Module 3 for 8V.3 RS3

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Disable Straight Line Braking Stabilization in Module 3 for 8V.3 RS3

I am looking for the proper security code to disable Straight Line Braking Stabilization (in adaptations in Module 3) for my 2017 RS3. I have tried code 25757 which works on other MQB cars but not the new TTRS/RS3. It was also suggested to try 11966, 02852 or 04252 and neither of those worked for that setting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either I'm not guessing the right adaption channel or there really is none required.
    Could you please elaborate on what module 03 is installed and what adaption channel exactly you want to modify?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAx View Post
    Either I'm not guessing the right adaption channel or there really is none required.
    Could you please elaborate on what module 03 is installed and what adaption channel exactly you want to modify?
    I track my car and the setting help immensely when braking from speed with racing tires and aggressive brake pads. I would not recommend using them on a daily driver.

Module 3 Channel IDE05161-Steaight ahead brake stabilization. It is currently set to "activated" I am trying to have it set to "not activated".

I am also trying to change channel IDE05055-Hydraulic brake assist from "normal" to "not activated".
    Last edited by PeteJ; 07-01-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete: Hi
    I hope that I'm not stealing TBAx's thunder - but there are are bunch of SA s for MQB platform vehicles here. As you will read from the table, the traditional security code for your tweak is indeed 25757 - but there are many more from which to choose!!

I'm interested to understand more about what is meant by "25757 which works on other MQB cars but not the new TTRS/RS3"? Is the SA accepted by the module?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I started cycling through the security codes in that list but due to timeout issues you can only do so many so quickly.

Regarding the question about "other mqb cars"
    I have been told that on other cars in the mqb family such as the Golf the 25757 code works. Earlier this year A friend had a discussion with some people at Audi Sport and as it was explained to him the code is generated by the manufacturer of the control unit, for example in the case of an ABS unit the code is generated by the person at Bosch. If the controller is different on a TT RS / RS3 there is a good chance that the security code will be different.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^Pete: thanks for the explanation - but to repeat my question "Is the SA accepted by the module?"
    Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. Hung up in irrelevant details. Some of the codes are accepted by the module but when I try to use any that are accepted for the adaptations I am trying to set it tells me the security code is invalid.