Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P2099 still after changing everything

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

P2099 still after changing everything

Hi all I have a 2.0 tdi transporter 2011 which has fault code P2099. but I've changed everything N75 valve, all vac pipes, boost pressure sensor, map sensor , air flow sensor, EGR valve, turbo charger, turbo pipe seals , intercooler, eco, engine wiring loom exhaust system , DPF .... it goes into limp mode in third gear at 3500rpm. if I reset the fault code with vag-com and drive it you can get it to fault again easily but if you disconnect the battery you can drive it for about 100 miles before it faults again... I understand that they read the problem a few times before it will show as a fault but I thought a fault code delete would do the same ..( do I need to calibrate the electric turbo actuator and how do I record boost so I can see what's happening with actual over requested...... any ideas much appreciated
    Fully loaded vw eos exclusive ..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post an autoscan.
    It sounds like a break in the engine bay wiring loom ‘somewhere’.

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a positive or negative deviation target failure?

Please advise with scan as aforementioned.

Could you do some or have you done logs of requested boost versus actual & after a DTC reset & log + drive it till it faulted, do you have that data?

Are you saying you are experimenting with deleting codes in the flash diagnostic stack?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already changed it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Still no scan and log sigh...........
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I don't know how to do a log.. I'm not experimenting just trying to sort it

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you want help here you are going to have to conform or by all means keep changing parts, if you want help, post the data, okay?

We are not experimenting we are testing,you are parts changing are you not?

Are you making too much boost ( positive ) or too little boost ( negative ) ?

Here is how......

Here is how to log data...

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/logging.php

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vehicle in question is in my garage which isn't need my home so I can't post a full scan until Saturday but please don't stop giving your thoughts as im getting very close to sorting it with a match.. if somebody could tell me how to do a boost log it would be most appreciated .... thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much .. P2099 is low boost..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much .. P2099 is low boost..
    Did you know that is a great big NOPE, not always, it means "control range not reached" and is that control range deviation "positive or negative" & before limp mode commences, that is what the scan will say, as will the log determine not just the P code?

The Vehicle in question is in my garage which isn't need my home so I can't post a full scan until Saturday but please don't stop giving your thoughts as im getting very close to sorting it with a match.. if somebody could tell me how to do a boost log it would be most appreciated .... thanks
    How to log is again as aforementioned here.... https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/logging.php

12. Likes myounus liked this post