2006 Passat B6 Key Replacement

akitchens

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=273674
Hello

I have a 2006 Passat 2.0T B6. I need to get a new key made for it. I have the Ross Tech cable and software but not the pin for my car. How can I get a key made for it? I have a key that works but does not have the plastic key. My 18 year old drives it and would hate for her to lose the only key and don’t want to pay allot for a key.

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No chance w/o a PIN.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think can be done on that car even if you do have the PIN.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
What does dealer get to add a key in your area?
I recommend you buy a dealer key.
Did you know cars this old, many are disabling the Immobilizer entirely, including steering lock & since lacks a redundant safety feature anyway?

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Hello

I have a 2006 Passat 2.0T B6. I need to get a new key made for it. I have the Ross Tech cable and software but not the pin for my car. How can I get a key made for it? I have a key that works but does not have the plastic key. My 18 year old drives it and would hate for her to lose the only key and don’t want to pay allot for a key.

Thanks

Plastic key you can get it from your local VW Dealer order By VIN number, If you want extra key contact me ,I can help you .

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe
Back