Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
hello Mr Jack. ths is it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5k4gQTp5zk2WDuaT8

any comments is always welcome.
I totally agree... is just $ (that's depend which part of the world you are in. but yeah. thats why I am giving a try....

We charge here in California $120. per hr for labor
same thing in Central America $35. per hr. up to $45.

$45 is like charging $200 per hr in the ����.

please let me know what are your thoughts about it . and again thanks for you time and input.

if this ended up in a not go. I will get it from you.

FYI:dealers in central america cost is $2000. plus adaptions plus labor.

Well Driving that kind of car in Central America it is not for average person, so they need to know how much will cost to fix those cars.
Are you able to read this ECU in this condition?

BTW , here it is BE, I think they made mistake with engine Code, you can always ask seller question about that :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A4-B8...769263?hash=item594d1bfd2f:g:10cAAOSwomle5RcW

victor35ma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242342
Yikes one day there was a fire! :rolleyes:

So no external flash, see the pad set just above TriCore 1796 is blank no chip?

Please tell me Victor did you trace and fix what caused this melt mess so when you change it it doesn't happen again?

yeah no external flash. we already power up the Micro and we already read & saved in the K-tag folders. else we are planning to use AVDI. it will work if the ecm are the same

do I know what cause this very capacitor to go off. ? short answer no. but it is a very common malfunction in this unit, catching earlier involve the power source start acting up. you might catched this issue earlier if the cap oil just make the cap to go open... but in this case the leak was slow and cause a good conduit for a mega short. that's what I assuming.

thanks for you help

victor35ma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242342
Well Driving that kind of car in Central America it is not for average person, so they need to know how much will cost to fix those cars.

hello Jetta97, average? well yeah, it is a beautiful fun car to drive. but believe me, it is not a car for rich people. it is actually a very economic diesel car. in central america expensive car are not europeans but Japanese. they have the luck of getting Toyotas and Lexus imported from Japan and let me you this, those are expensive, reliables beautiful vehicles. and that are the so call "rich " people will go after. Audi/VW/Renault/ Peugeot etc small sedan are considered for the masses over there.

-about, " they need to know maintenance cost..." sorry if I picture that message, no, it is not about whether they can / can't afford the repairs. it is the fact that we want to make that business doing our thing, you know !!! if we can fix it we will go after that module installing a used one instead of a new expensive one. and make some extra bucks in the process...

Central America are alternative planets in many way.... for instance people over there cannot compute "Rent" most don't pay rent (living in someone else home) why? they own their homes, it is considered home invasion if you just ask for it.

Mercedes Benz car are Airport Taxis. Volkswagen and Volvos are Mall taxis as well. Rich people drives Lexus Toyotas diesel SUV and Germans Hi end MBZ, public transportation are MBZ beautiful buses.

health care is free, education at all level is free there are alot of dentist, lawyers, ing, system ing, electricians etc way too many.
unfortunately what drive their economy in a 40% is, the fact in the US the Americans addiction to cocaine is exponentially growing day by day. those countries don't have drog adiction health problems. it is the Hi demand for more from the US that it is killing them.

the trade tech college over there are very hi educations. take a look at this trade school in Honduras. you won't see one like that in the US and it is free. that's why americans auto tech cant keep up with them here in the US. they have been fixing cars electronics since ever... i have done it since ever. and I am 56 yrs old. I sent my kid to have/do hi school over there and he came back with hi school cert and a trade in MCSE and electronics cert as part of the his hi school education (Free funded by the government). they call it Dual education... something that only happens in Germany. all those trade tech labs are installed in that school from the german government and their cert are valid in europe.

bmw is considered a car for a Drug Lords so not a good idea driving one over there, they are also super unreliable, good for business...

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

victor35ma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242342

BTW , here it is BE, I think they made mistake with engine Code, you can always ask seller question about that :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A4-B8...769263?hash=item594d1bfd2f:g:10cAAOSwomle5RcW

Hi I answered to your comments but apparently they removed it, because the the truth is too much to bear. better living a lie than fixing the problems.... not free speech in the land of the braves... home of the....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi I answered to your comments but apparently they removed it,
Huh? Who do you think "they" is?

There was one post missing here (#24, two posts above this one) and it was deleted by someone named 'victor35ma':

pFgTV26.png

I have un-deleted it for you. :cool:

-Uwe-

victor35ma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242342
Huh? Who do you think "they" is?

There was one post missing here (#24, two posts above this one) and it was deleted by someone named 'victor35ma':

pFgTV26.png

I have un-deleted it for you. :cool:

-Uwe-

... Then, for that Mr Uwe I apologize, I don't know how it happens. again I am so sorry my mistake. you are gentleman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

victor35ma

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242342

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I'm glad I'm the un-looper for such matters to glitch in the processor @ 0xD2FF HOLE! :rolleyes:

Back