BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
13395.jpg

Borrowed pic!

I am in no way related to any of the sellers nor am I selling mine (I just bought it instead of the Dell Venue Pro 8" which was a tad too big for my taste)

http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/mdp/tablets/stream-7#!&TabName=features

You can find them for $79 now on both Amazon and on the MS store:

Prices seem to be changing on Amazon so YMMV, do search for the best prices.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308781500

I like this size, and you just can't beat the price in my opinion!

I actually have the VCDS settings so that the screen is from edge to edge so nothing is too small either.

Clearly this is no power machine with only 1GB of RAM but with 32GB of SSD and a slot for a MicroSD card (max 32GB but I have seen reports that 64GB SDXC cards work too)

Also wanted to add it seems to have been working decent (maybe even better than the Dell) with the VCDS HEX-NET WIFI I have.

If this should be in some other forum please move it there! THANKS!

Reactions: Uwe

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
Not bad though my experience with the "noname" UMPCs and tablets have been a little so-so.

The specs say micro-USB (just like on the HP and Dell), not full size USB? But an adapter is just a few dollars anyhow and they are universal.

Edit: I see now it has both a full size and microUSB port very unique at this size and price level!

http://youtu.be/XL8SrxeIDaw

Last edited:

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
You can find them for $79 now on both Amazon and on the MS store...

It appears to be rip-off Britain again. With the current exchange rate of £1 - $1.56, that should sell for £50.64. But instead, MicroSoft Store want £74.99, which is $117...!

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
It appears to be rip-off Britain again. With the current exchange rate of £1 - $1.56, that should sell for £50.64. But instead, MicroSoft Store want £74.99, which is $117...!

Keep in mind that all prices advertised in the US are with OUT VAT, depending on the seller on Amazon we here in the US might or might not be charged sales tax (as we call it) on top of the price. But obviously your price will always include the VAT so hence the difference. There is an ongoing national debate if the US should implement a similar national sales tax system as just about every other country has or not. Anyhow without getting into that debate, that's part of the price difference! :) Of course on top of that is supply and demand, the more the supply the lower profit margins you can sell for per unit.

roth

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242642
Galaxy S5 running VCDS-Mobile in VCDS App

and native browser, no top bar, cool!!!

More less original size.

BR, Andy

Last edited:

BaraJag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208761
Galaxy S5 running VCDS-Mobile in App and native browser, cool!!!

Sure, I too use the mobile version daily but there are times when you really need/want the full Win OS version! :)

Back