Mac user w/ bootcamp looking to buy

Speedmaster_102

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=449901
Hey guys,

I picked up my MK6 Golf Sportwagen Wolfsburgh edition TDI in Canada. I absolutely love the car and still have much to learn after years of Honda ownership. I have a few questions before I decide to buy the VCDS.

One thing really bugs me is that the speedo is off by 8% as all of you are aware of. I found out that you could make adjustment on MK5, but I could not find any supporting documents that you could successfully make an adjustment under MK6?

Another question is I have a Mac, and I don't have a PC. BUT, I have Windows 10 bootcamp installed, has your customer have any success running VCDS running a win10 bootcamp? or is a PC an absolute must for VCDS to work?

Finally, Im looking at purchasing a back-up camera, can I successfully enable the camera on the RNS315 through VCDS?

Thanks guys!

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Another question is I have a Mac, and I don't have a PC. BUT, I have Windows 10 bootcamp installed, has your customer have any success running VCDS running a win10 bootcamp? or is a PC an absolute must for VCDS to work?

No issues what so ever here with bootcamp

Finally, Im looking at purchasing a back-up camera, can I successfully enable the camera on the RNS315 through VCDS?

Thanks guys!

sure can can! :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I used a MacBook Air Boot-Camped with Windows 7 as my travel machine for many years. It worked flawlessly with VCDS.

-Uwe-

Speedmaster_102

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=449901
GREAT! Thank you!

What about the speedo calibration for MK6?

One thing really bugs me is that the speedo is off by 8% as all of you are aware of. I found out that you could make adjustment on MK5, but I could not find any supporting documents that you could successfully make an adjustment under MK6?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What about the speedo calibration for MK6?
There is no straight "calibration". There may be a table of distance impulse multipliers that specify how many pulses the instrument cluster will see as 1 km. If available, this will affect both the speedo and the odo. However, I can't promise anything without seeing a scan of the car to know exactly what instrument cluster it has.

-Uwe-

Speedmaster_102

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=449901
There is no straight "calibration". There may be a table of distance impulse multipliers that specify how many pulses the instrument cluster will see as 1 km. If available, this will affect both the speedo and the odo. However, I can't promise anything without seeing a scan of the car to know exactly what instrument cluster it has.

-Uwe-

Thank you! I am willing to accept 1-3% difference, but absolutely not 8%. 120km/h on the speedo when the vehicle is going 112km/h isn't acceptable to my standards.

I will proceed to order the VCDS and I will report back as soon as I have the VCDS in my hands. I'm looking forward to make the adjustment to ensure the speedo is near accuracy.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Thank you! I am willing to accept 1-3% difference, but absolutely not 8%.
Bear in mind that type approval requires the speedo to not under-read but allow it to over-read by up to 10%. This is checked on new tires inflated to manufacturers spec on one model variant, so to avoid having too many different speedo calibrations and to allow for tyre wear the speedo is normally set to over-read by around 5% ON THAT VARIANT. So other variants will be more or less than that, meaning 8% is not unexpected.

Having said all that, I agree that 8% is a bit much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Speedmaster_102

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=449901
I found a seller who is selling the HEX-NET Professional used w/ the proof of receipt. I am wondering is the license transferable? How can I get the serial # validated? Can I get the seller to email you and have Ross-Tech to email me to validate that it's a legit HEX-NET unit?

Any assistance or guidance would be great!

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The license is transferable. The fee to do so is $99. Visit the Registration page for more information.

Speedmaster_102

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=449901
mPG6uEs.jpg

Is this a legit version of VCDS? or is the seller selling a china copy?

Im really not having much luck purchasing VCDS as of late.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Without the serial number, can't be positive. Why is that crossed out?

Legit systems are available from our Canadian dealers.

Speedmaster_102

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=449901
Hello Ross-Tech team,

After much patience, and I finally secured a second hand HEX-NET 10-VIN product!

I am looking to pay to transfer and upgrade the license of the product. My understanding is that if I pay and register for the license upgrade; the HEX-NET 10-VIN license will be upgraded to unlimited at the link below, and the seller is aware that Ross-Tech team will be contacted to confirm the sale to me.

Am I in the right direction at the link above?

Many thanks for your patience!
-SM102

Back