Audi A3 Virtual Cockpit Check Engine Light

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
hro0250: yes, I see the EU features in your link -but I was never suggesting that this wasn't an EU module. I was just surprised at your mention of it; my original (incorrect) assumption was that a NAR cluster module would be fitted in a NAR vehicle!

How do you intend to source the new MMI - will you get it from APG Poland (as did sweaty sweater)? Given the fact that your VC provider isn't returning your messages, perhaps a question to the MMI supplier might add further light as to whether the additional expense of purchasing a new unit is prudent?

Not sure about chimes - try playing with IDE02489-Display depiction, maybe (I'm guessing)

Don

hro0250

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=409496
I actually already have an MMI unit that the company I bought my VC from approved of - I actually used APG for my VC. However the MMI I have was from a NAR vehicle on eBay. I just don't know what's next to install it in my car if it has component protection. Should I plug it in and run an autoscan for fun?

congo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340738
Its not problem of EU dash and US car, i have the same setup in A5 2019 and it's working ok.
What can cause a "hidden" problem is the coding of the dash. Some of the coding bits get locked after the dash hit 100km.
ACC is one of them but there are others.
The problem is that the dash will accept the new codding but it will not enable the locked features if it's over 100km.
If you have the VIN of the car that dash was installed from factory you can send that to me plus recipient car VIN and i will try to check for obvious problems. If you get 0km dash then it will work for sure but with used ones you need to be careful to find a dash that will match your car config.
I have used brand new dash and all is working w/o any errors.

Regards.

hro0250

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=409496
Unfortunately I don't have the recipient cars vin. I'm considering just replacing the dash with a new one but I don't have a way to configure the keys and remove competent protection on my own. Do you know of a way I can do this? Would I be able to swap you my cluster with 2000 miles for a new one and pay the difference in price?

congo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340738
For the IMMO and keys transfer you will have to visit dealer.

Back