Thread: Suggestion for product improvement

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion for product improvement

Hello:

Some time long ago, I installed VCDS release 14.10.0 on one of my computers. I never did use it (by that I mean I never connected the VCDS cable, and carried out the TEST that is necessary upon first use of the application).

Today, I launched VCDS release 14.10.0, and was greeted by a little bubble message advising me that that particular release was out of date and I should update. But, the 'Check for Updates Now' button is dimmed out - perhaps because I never did carry out the test and establish a config file.

My suggestion is that the software be modified so that an out-of-date version of the application can be updated even if the application has never been fully set up (meaning, tested).

Michael

2. Likes jyoung8607, Sebastian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Confirmed and added to the wishlist. Thanks for your feedback Michael!
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael, I was sad to see you're letting your Phaeton go. I'm even sadder that I don't have $12K in my no-questions-from-the-wife account, because I'd snap that up in a heartbeat. What an amazing machine, particularly with all your European retrofit work, and it's been taken care of like no other car on the road.

Ross-Tech seems to like having one of everything. You've got a Eurovan, for crying out loud. If Ross-Tech has ever thought of adding a Phaeton to the company collection, this is the car and now is the time. I know it's only got two pedals, but one must make allowances.

Jason

5. Likes Santos, Uwe, Sebastian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sooo Off-Topic... but since "we" get used Phaetons for good prices where I am, I have set my eyes on a 2011+ one as replacement for Nicole's 2004 Citroen C4. She know's I don't love that C4 but it's a rare fully equipped V6 auto with all the bells and whistles (incl. air suspension). So a Phaeton would be a nice way to trade up...
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

7. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sebastian:

The Phaeton is a wonderful car, a 'thick ship' for sure, and I recommend one to you without any reservations at all. I was very sad to see mine go, but I simply was not using it (7,000 km in 7 years, enough said). The person I sold it to is an enthusiast, a very nice person, and I am pretty sure that he will keep the car 'forever', and get as much enjoyment from it as I did.

If you find a recent production Phaeton (2011 is more than recent enough) for a good price, by all means grab it. You will not regret the decision. Just try and avoid the W12 engine. It is a wonderful engine, but 25 liters per 100 km in the city is a bit expensive.

Michael

In the meantime, I now have a 2015 Golf VII to play with. I am quite impressed with it, even though I have only driven it 30 km so far.

9. Likes Uwe, Sebastian, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a suggestion, why not add a [CODE] tags in front and end of autoscan and have a checkbox somewhere in option to enable/disable it.
    I know it's a small thing to do in forum to add them, but hey it's all about laziness.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

11. Likes Bruce, Dana liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    I have a suggestion ..... hey it's all about laziness.
    I like that! I'm lazy....