Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A4 B7 Cab switching bulb error after switching to LED headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsX View Post
    Update - according label file only fog lights diagnosis (bad bulb warning) can be enabled/disabled in this module...
    That's there because one variant (DTM Edition) was available without front fog lights

2. Likes MartinsX, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I went ahead and created a new harness with a brand new 100W resistor in place, and it worked, but even at 100W, it got so damn hot that I decided to just uninstall it.

Can anybody recommend any alternative lamps in place of white LED's, which will not give any issues, short of retrofitting the Xenon headlamps?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, european cars came with LED headlights. Utilizing byte 18 of the CECM you can get where the headlights don't throw a CEL. I have experimented and was able to get it to work, however, it requires some modification to get rid of a rear fog light that the european cars have.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    RoW Audi A4 B7 with LED headlights from the factory? Highly unlikely. You sure you’re not confusing it with the RoW Passat B7 which has LED running lights and byte 18 lights config?

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhill2901 View Post
    FYI, european cars came with LED headlights.

Utilizing byte 18 of the CECM
    Having owned several European Audi B7 A4 cars I can categorically state that is wrong - the only options were Halogen or HID headlamps.

Not surprising when you remember than the B7 A4 ceased production in 2008 - before LED headlamps were available.

Also the B7 A4 was never fitted with a CECM that had Long Coding, so there is no byte 18 to modify.

8. Likes Uwe, darkchina811, avisonjohn liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, my apologies. speaking from a vw mk6 jetta experience.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Having owned several European Audi B7 A4 cars I can categorically state that is wrong - the only options were Halogen or HID headlamps.

Not surprising when you remember than the B7 A4 ceased production in 2008 - before LED headlamps were available.

Also the B7 A4 was never fitted with a CECM that had Long Coding, so there is no byte 18 to modify.
    Is it possible to replace with one that does allow the Long Coding to be changed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avisonjohn View Post
    Is it possible to replace with one that does allow the Long Coding to be changed?
    Doing so would involve a substantial amount of re-wiring because you'd need to use a module from a completely different car. This is not something I've ever heard of someone doing on a B7. Then even if you got it wired in, the question is how happy would it and the other systems it's networked to in your car be about such a mis-match?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

12. Likes PetrolDave liked this post