Thread: 1.6TDI CAYC starting issue when left for about 6 hours.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

1.6TDI CAYC starting issue when left for about 6 hours.

Hi guys I have an Audi A3 1.6TDI 2010. To cut a long story short the timing belt jumped, i had it timed back up with a new belt kit and waterpump. The garage said it was running well witch it is once its started but it has an intermittent starting issue. while it was at the garage they also did the fuel filter if that's helpful at all. When I first start the car it turns over for 5 to 10 seconds sometimes longer then it starts but the idle is very rough for about 5 seconds and sometimes it stalls but, once its been started for a while and run around abit it starts up really easily. ive posted and auto scan below as the car is now coming up with a fault for MAF sensor and occasionally MAF signal high and these seem to bring an esp fault with them. The other thing is the car seems to be trying to regen a hell of a lot since ive had it back and evry so often i get a witf of fuel. ill post below the steps ive already tried. sorry for the long story hope someone can help.

Timing checked by third party
    Hard run down the motorway
    Disconnecting maf sensor (car dose seem to start abit easier sometimes but still rough idle)

Code:
    Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 06-01-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Getting help or advise in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php#uk

Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry uwe im abit confused. the guy i bought the car from just sent me the software and device is it not a real copy of the device or the software?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's correct, you're using a pirated copy of the interface, which is what carries the license for the software.

I suppose it's just coincidence that you removed the header of the scan, which would have made it obvious that the software you're using is a several years out of date?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That's correct, you're using a pirated copy of the interface, which is what carries the license for the software.

I suppose it's just coincidence that you removed the header of the scan, which would have made it obvious that the software you're using is a several years out of date?

-Uwe-
    Hi uwe the reason i removed the header is because reading through the other forums i was sure if i saw people leaving there header on and was also unsure weather the VIN was safe to leave on here. I've never even hesrd of this software untill he sent me the lead and software i didnt realise it was a clone

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i copied and pasted the log from word document and removed the top part as i wasnt sure if its safe to have all the details of the car VIN ECT on here. ive never heard of the software untill the guy gave it to me but I wont be posting untill i buy the official one ☺

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could probably begin to understand why some people do that if they had to pay a subscription fee for the new software download.
    Every job is important, even the lowliest, and peoples lives very much depend on us all, so with this in mind, let no man delude himself that his work is more important than that of his colleagues.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by renniedevon View Post
    is it not a real copy of the device or the software?
    A real copy? It's either real or a copy, it can't be both!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Member View Post
    I could probably begin to understand why some people do that if they had to pay a subscription fee for the new software download.
    ... but since there is no subscription fee and update downloads are free for as long as you own a genuine cable there can IMHO be no excuse for piracy.

10. Likes MartinsX, Uwe, Hawkeye9723, Trade Member liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    buy original, is much better and safer!