Body control module key not recognised

MARTYJ200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=396970
Hi, I am trying to switch my body control module over to one I have got which can support the rear dynamic tail lights. I have switched the module over and before I can start doing any programming with vcds I can’t get ignition on!!! The car doesn’t pick up or recognise my key any more to turn ignition or engine on. Any advice would be great thanks martin

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We need to know what car you have and how it's configured, please post a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan - see my sig for a How-To link.

Reactions: Uwe

MARTYJ200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=396970
We need to know what car you have and how it's configured, please post a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan - see my sig for a How-To link.

Its an Audi A7 2013, i have posted a scan, there are many malfunctions as im doing a lot of work on the car and things are unplugged etc.
I have installed facelift rear tail lights and have wired then and all working as should. Well working apart from having dynamic turn signal. I was advised i would need an uprated BCM2 that has a higher software version which i have purchased and would require programming. the issue is when i swap it over i cant turn ignition on to scan as with the new BCM the car doesnt recognise the key?
thanks
martin

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
BCM2 has Immobilizer functions and has to be programed , it is not just plug and play module . Also has Component protections.

Are you doing used BCM2 or Brand new?

MARTYJ200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=396970
BCM2 has Immobilizer functions and has to be programed , it is not just plug and play module . Also has Component protections.

Are you doing used BCM2 or Brand new?

Every time i try to post my scan and paste inbetween the 2 #it always displays my vin and reg?
Is there anyway for me to get the module to recognise my key to get ignition on so i can programme it and then have component prtect removed at the garage?

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Every time i try to post my scan and paste inbetween the 2 #it always displays my vin and reg?
Is there anyway for me to get the module to recognise my key to get ignition on so i can programme it and then have component prtect removed at the garage?

Like I said Module has to be programed , it is not that simple as you think, and VCDS can not program this Module .

MARTYJ200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=396970
Like I said Module has to be programed , it is not that simple as you think, and VCDS can not program this Module .

Ok thanks is this something a audi vw garage can do for me? is this requiring ODIS?
thanks

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Its an Audi A7 2013, i have posted a scan
Martin,
When you start a new thread unless you include a scan you should post a link to a previously posted scan - you can't expect us to search the forum :thanks:

Back