Enable window open/close on remote - possible issue with VCDS?

avisonjohn

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403276
I have an A4 B7 Cabriolet and would really like to be able to have the windows close/open via the fob when I lock and unlock.
I followed instructions found online and used the Adaptation screen to enable 'Windows open/close via remote' (or wording to that effect).
Every guide says that VCDS should say 'Coding successful' when returning to the previous screen, but mine does not say that, nor does it give me any messages or popups.
However, when I close and restart the software and restart the ignition, the new value is still present.

Also, I have now found that if I hold the unlock button for 2-3 seconds, the windows move down about 2 inches and stop.
That is all I have been able to do via the remote - I have not yet been able to close the windows.

Can anybody offer any insight into something that I may be missing at all please?

avisonjohn

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403276
Yep, done that. Added +3 to my original code in that part to enable the first 2 options.
Maybe I'm just using the fob wrong?
I'll hook up the adaptor shortly and take some photos of the settings if that helps?

avisonjohn

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403276
Channel 62 is still showing as the saved value of 207 in Adaptation

Coding value is showing as new value of 06911

With the windows fully up, I hold the unlock button and the windows roll down about 2 inches and stop.

If I then hold the Lock button, nothing happens other than the doors lock.
Same if the windows are fully down.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Strange, when I made those changes to the B7 Avant I owned it worked fine, maybe there's a difference with the cabriolet because of the need to roll down the windows slightly when opening the roof?

Can anyone with experience of the B7 cabriolet help?

avisonjohn

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403276
OK, so I have been having a play around and have found the following:

Holding unlock will only open the front windows about 2-3 inches

Holding lock will close the passenger and drivers front windows all the way, BUT only if the rear windows are already fully closed. If the rear windows are open at all, holding the lock buttons does nothing.

Have I done something wrong?

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
Try calibrating windows... sometimes opening/closing with remote or one-push-on-button doesn't work, I fully open and hold button for a few seconds and fully close and hold button for a few seconds to calibrate... after that it works again! Maybe this works with cabriolet also!

Back