Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignition Lock Defective + more. (Resolved!)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is your ignition switch?

Dont you know everyone can have a load light with small in line fuse to protect your fears and use a generic 55 watt headlight bulb?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday Update: Troubles Resolved!

The Monday no-start was due to my misplacement of a fuse. In my check of all the fuses under the hood to see if for some reason another blew when the motor started, I accidentally placed F6 into F9 (a blank spot). I pulled the five relays and tested them with a 12v source and they are all working as expected. When I was reinstalling them, I noticed the electrical contacts in F6 and was wondering where the hell the fuse was. I pulled each fuse to check for misplacement and sure enough I had put F6's fuse into F9.

I put the fuse into its correct location, got into the car, and it started right up with no issues. Somehow, the need to double push my key in the ignition was resolved as well. Along with the Ignition Lock Defective error.

I am going to replace the relays under the ECM as a 'while I am in there anyways' precaution.

I hope that my journey though this may be of assistance to someone.

As of right now, the only DTCs I have are one for me N75 (will be ordering that today) and for my Radio (my money is on the TPMS as I pulled the fuse and changed coding to disable it due to an issue with the sensors in my winter tires.) I am going to enable it again with my summers and check to ensure that the DTC clears.

I find myself very fortunate that on the low end my stupidity only cost me a 5A fuse and on the smart end ~$150 for relays.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    How is your ignition switch?

Dont you know everyone can have a load light with small in line fuse to protect your fears and use a generic 55 watt headlight bulb?

Honestly, that never crossed my mind. I have been so mentally drained from this (and other things) that the notion to Google how to build one never even entered my mind.

I appreciate the guidance and direction that you offered as the perceived curtness of your Load Light video post gave me an extra push to spend more time on testing individual electrical components.