Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9645 - Reductant - P20E8 00 [101] - Pressure too Low

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like it goes to the top of the DPF.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,
    B
    A bit of an update, so I managed to carry out some diagnosis. Here is what I did:

1. Removed the feed pipe to the AdBlue Injector. (It seems like it was indeed above the DPF)

2. Started the car and there was indeed AdBlue coming out of the feed pipe. It filled the container I had put out.
    3. I tried to run the test for the pump in VCDS but it returned an error.

So now I'm thinking, is this error coming up because there is a problem with the pump (but the pump works when the car is on as AdBlue came out of the feed pipe when I turned it on) or because there is a problem with the injector not allowing the AdBlue to be injected into the system.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

So now I'm thinking, is this error coming up because there is a problem with the pump (but the pump works when the car is on as AdBlue came out of the feed pipe when I turned it on) or because there is a problem with the injector not allowing the AdBlue to be injected into the system.
    It is possible the pump may not run with a fault code, however, I would try to run the test after you have started the vehicle, let idle for a few seconds, then shut off the ignition, wait a few seconds, the turn the key back on.

With the key on now, try the [Output tests] again. Also if you have a pressure gauge and an adapter you can check the pressure of the system.

Let us know what you find,

drpeter

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, TheRenegade liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    Hello,

It is possible the pump may not run with a fault code, however, I would try to run the test after you have started the vehicle, let idle for a few seconds, then shut off the ignition, wait a few seconds, the turn the key back on.

With the key on now, try the [Output tests] again. Also if you have a pressure gauge and an adapter you can check the pressure of the system.

Let us know what you find,

drpeter
    When you say turn the key back on, do you mean turn the ignition on or actually start the car? Unfortunately, I don't have a pressure gauge or an adaptor to test that with.

I'll try this out in the morning and report back what I find. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRenegade View Post
    When you say turn the key back on, do you mean turn the ignition on or actually start the car? Unfortunately, I don't have a pressure gauge or an adaptor to test that with.

I'll try this out in the morning and report back what I find. Thanks.
    Hi.. The key-on with the engine off.. Sorry about that

drpeter

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This VW SSP may help you as it details how the system is designed to work
    http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_330.pdf

https://procarmanuals.com/vag-ssp-62...-clean-diesel/

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.. The key-on with the engine off.. Sorry about that

drpeter
    Hi DrPeter

No worries, just making sure we are on the same page. Anyway I have been out to do what you asked this morning and it seems like the pump does actually activate, It seems to go between 10% and 55% activation. I tried it with the engine running first and then with just ignition on.

On both instances, the pressure sensor was stuck at reporting the pressure at -500hPa. Could it be the pressure sensor (where ever that is located) or the actual injector where is goes into the DPF?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

On both instances, the pressure sensor was stuck at reporting the pressure at -500hPa. Could it be the pressure sensor (where ever that is located) or the actual injector where is goes into the DPF?
    Maybe ..... As per the Official Factory Repair manuals, the "G686-Pressure sender for reducing agent metering system" is part of the "GX19-Delivery unit for reducing agent metering system".

............. Also, [-500 hPa] seems weird. It is possible the sensor would read atmospheric pressure, then you should see about [1000 hPa] at sea level. Perhaps the pump is okay and the "Pressure sensor for reducing agent" is faulty?

The GX19 (Part number as per VIN = [4G0-131-969-H*] ) is made up of the following:
    • V437-Pump for reducing agent
    • G684-Tank sender for reducing agent
    • G685-Temperature sender for reducing agent
    • G686-Pressure sender for reducing agent metering system
    • Z102-Heater for reducing agent tank (heater circuit 1)

Also the part number [04L-131-113-J*] for the "Injector for reduction agent" has dropped and is superseded by [04L-131-113-S*].

You may want to consider updating the injector if your going to be fixing this the right way

* All part numbers are deemed reliable, but not 100% guarantee..

Let us know how it goes....

drpeter

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter is right on in regards to this.

Address 01: Engine (J623-CNHA) Labels:. 04L-907-309-V1.clb
    Part No SW: 04L 906 021 FE HW: 04L 907 309
    Component: R4 2,0L EDC H23 7709
    Revision: 85H23---
    Coding: 12194012242401080000
    Did you know only thing additional will be firmware updates too and you are already way behind software level?

Audi
    Part Version FL_04L906021FE 8243 & 8286 for existing legacy.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

13. Likes DrPeter liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Peter is right on in regards to this.

Did you know only thing additional will be firmware updates too and you are already way behind software level?
    I had no idea I was so far behind on firmware. How do I get the latest updates for my car then?

Hi,

Maybe ..... As per the Official Factory Repair manuals, the "G686-Pressure sender for reducing agent metering system" is part of the "GX19-Delivery unit for reducing agent metering system".

The GX19 (Part number as per VIN = [4G0-131-969-H*] ) is made up of the following:
    • V437-Pump for reducing agent
    • G684-Tank sender for reducing agent
    • G685-Temperature sender for reducing agent
    • G686-Pressure sender for reducing agent metering system
    • Z102-Heater for reducing agent tank (heater circuit 1)

Also the part number [04L-131-113-J*] for the "Injector for reduction agent" has dropped and is superseded by [04L-131-113-S*].

You may want to consider updating the injector if your going to be fixing this the right way

* All part numbers are deemed reliable, but not 100% guarantee..

Let us know how it goes....

drpeter
    It looks like the first part number points to something that looks like this

I guess all the bits you mentioned above are all included in that thing?