2005 mk1 touran 1.9tdi starting problem

Mikecowley06

Reaction score
hi, this is my first time on this forum so thought I'd introduce myself. My names Mike, I have a 2005 vw touran 1.9 tdi, I'd like to say its a good reliable car but it seems to always find problems this time of year... just as we are going to newquay (possibly not this year with covid 19, but need to get it sorted anyway), last years problems was alternator, ball joints, faulty ecu, air con and resister in fan, new radiator and pipe 🙈.

My problem this time around, if any one can help, over the past 6 week, its happened on 3 occasions. I put my key in and turn the ignition on, all lights flash up as normal, i then turn the key to start the engine and lose all power, no dash lights, no clock, milage etc. After a few minutes everything comes back on as tho iv had my battery off. Clock set to 00:00, trip milage to 0.00m. I really could do with finding out what it is incase we do end up driving to Newquay so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and sorry about the essay 😂 cheers 👍

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My first reaction these symptoms: Sounds like a bad connection to the battery. Could be on either side, positive or ground. Check battery terminals, check main battery ground point and so on.

-Uwe-

Back