Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seat Leon Cupra MY19 - ACC Retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well let's just say that the old round radar is out of the question. If I'm doing it, I'm doing it with the most recent parts available and compatible of course. Ideally with a 3QF radar.

As for the A5 camera of course I'm replacing the windscreen as I've done before with my old Q5 and the rain/light sensor. The thing is that I don't really care for only the A5 camera. ACC is the priority and the plan was to go on with the camera after the ACC. Even if I decided to pay those amounts of +400€ for "FeC" it's still quite a risk as I may find myself in situations to pay that again. What happens in a crash for example?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan147 View Post
    Even if I decided to pay those amounts of +400€ for "FeC" it's still quite a risk as I may find myself in situations to pay that again. What happens in a crash for example?
    Like Golfi_vend wrote, if you need to replace the radar then it's same amount again.

What I've looked at the autoscans from a cars that have retrofitted pACC, they all seem to have Xxx as the hardware id in radar. Normally it's Hxx. That indicates the ACC radar is having a custom software in it. I don't know if it needs in addition a developer FeC key for the gateway as well.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    this FeC thing is complicating retrofits a lot. rumor is that the Golf 8 has FeC in even more modules (and SFD also...).

the old round radar works fine and apparently it is better and more expensive hardware than the flat one. ok it does not support Predictive ACC, and the 5Q0 camera does not support TJA, but it's just driving aids. if you want a car than drives itself then hire a driver and ride on the back seat.

I am totally happy with the round radar, Front Assist saved me a couple times, and Lane Assist as well, as I dozed off on the highway.
    my Golf left the factory with 18 ECUs. now she has 27. and counting

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    Front Assist saved me a couple times, and Lane Assist as well, as I dozed off on the highway.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish. I am so used to coffee than the effect lasts for 15 mins, then I start yawning again. if I am tired, I am tired.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    this FeC thing is complicating retrofits a lot. rumor is that the Golf 8 has FeC in even more modules (and SFD also...).

the old round radar works fine and apparently it is better and more expensive hardware than the flat one. ok it does not support Predictive ACC, and the 5Q0 camera does not support TJA, but it's just driving aids. if you want a car than drives itself then hire a driver and ride on the back seat.

I am totally happy with the round radar, Front Assist saved me a couple times, and Lane Assist as well, as I dozed off on the highway.
    You think I would buy a Cupra if all I wanted was a car to drive itself? Guess that's not the case. Retrofits are a pleasant way to spend time with your car and also adding value to it (for me as an owner, not commercially of course).

I really don't care about predictive ACC or TJA. I do care for stop&go though since I drive a lot in heavy traffic and I also do care for the ACC and the High Beam Assist for my highway travels. I think I can do these two with the round radar as well but it is certain that if my car was equipped with them from the factory, it would use 5Q radars and 3Q camera.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was being somehow sarcastic, I like it.

anyway, with automatic shift you'll get stop&go with the round radar. HBA works perfectly with my 5Q0 camera (for instance it was working very badly with the smaller mirror camera, module 20).

if I were you I would buy a round radar and connect it on the fly without installing. code everything and see if you're only
    left with the calibration error, then you're good. if it doesn't work you can throw it back on the bay. or just send it back if the seller accepts a return within 14 days.

my Golf was built in the factory in May2016, that is exactly the transition month from Golf 7 to Golf 7.5.... so some early Golf 7.5 still came out with 5Q0 gateway and most other modules that I have. the round radar works fine.

I believe there is a high chance it will work for you, and it can't hurt to try.

8. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm kind of finishing research and I'm leaning towards merging the two retrofits (ACC + A5 camera) as it seems to be the best idea even if it takes months to collect the parts.

A couple of (maybe stupid) questions for those who have done this before just to make sure I'm on the right path:

- wiring for both modules is done in the coupling connectors down low the A-pillar?
    - since they both seem to take power from the same fuse, does this fuse need upgrade or 7.5A is adequate for all 3 modules (camera, radar, pdc) as per ELSA?
    - interior mirror with light/rain sensor seems compatible with the A5 camera bracket on the windscreen, correct?

Almost self-explanatory all these but need to make sure before ordering parts. Plan is to put everything in place but only code and calibrate the A5 in the beginning and I will see later on what I will do with the ACC radar.

I have also made a nice list with part codes, wiring and a few links but it also contains prices so I don't know if I'm allowed to post it in public. If anyone is interested I would be more than happy to share in private.

10. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES that's where you can splice into CAN EXT.

YES follow the car booklet for fuse rating. if it reassures you more you can put a 10A...

NO at least for the Golf, I had to replace the interior mirror. I cannot access ETKA for a bit so I cannot check for Leon but I would assume a similar pattern.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot mate!

Unfortunately I do not have ETKA access either. I collect info from "online" ETKAs which are not complete and other enthousiasts here and there. Wish ErWin sold ETKA access. Anyway...I can find an interior mirror supporting PR-QK1 for the Golf but not for the Leon. Even "ETKA" pictures illustrate the same mirror for QK1 and non-QK1 configuration.