Has vcds broke my dsg??

R1ch1e

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=574547
I have a 2007 Passat, 2.0 tdi (BKP) with a DSG box (JPJ). The car had a small intermittent misfire when cold and smoked a touch on idle so I put new glow plugs in, took it for a drive but no different. So today plugged it into VCDS. The only 2 faults logged where from around 1k miles ago, one was glow plug 1 open circuit (expected) and also pressure adaption limit exceeded which was a while ago when the gearbox oil was a bit low and noticed it was slow to engage reverse on a cold morning. It has since been changed, new filters etc and has been driving and shifting without issue.
Anyway I followed the ross tech guide today to reset the gearbox in auto trans basic settings. Followed it to the letter. Now the gearbox will not drive. It clunks once then parking light is on and vcds says the solenoid is faulty (open circuit). I went back through the guide and checked every step, always the same. Found other posts where people say don't do it on a hill, turn off the parking brake etc, none of which make any difference, the car isn't on a hill it's on a flat driveway.
I dont believe the solenoid could immediately pack just like that up, I think VCDS has given it an implausible value somewhere. It's gone from driving perfect to disabled. I have found other posts of people having the same issue. Has anyone got a solution as I am stuck, I rely on my auto as I have a bad left leg.

R1ch1e

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=574547
Sorry didn't grab a log before my friend took his laptop back. Can the values created in 61 and 60 be manually overwritten as ai assume it's these that have caused the problem, or will there be a historic record somewhere to roll back to etc.

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
VCDS doesn't brake anything, only the user can screw things up...

If you want help, start with posting a full and unedited autoscan of the car so we can see how it is equipped! Get it e-mailed by your friend so you can post it here!

R1ch1e

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=574547
I haven't saved the scans on his laptop, just cleared the DTC and then done the dsg reset thing as per instructions.
Does vcds keep a log somewhere that I can access that may show info from before the procedure? That is my question, surely that can be answered without a full scan? Obviously if I haven't saved the scan and there is no record I can't get him to send me it so will need to get his laptop again, shame he's over 20 miles away and I don't have transport so rely on his good will.

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
The reason for a scan is to see exactly what your car's configuration is, like what specific software each module is running etc.

There is no answer without knowing what the question really is, so a complete autoscan really is needed. If your friend didn't do an autoscan then really I'd have to ask why not. That's the first thing anyone should do. If he did do an autoscan then VCDS saves it by default in the logs folder in the VCDS file. Even if you didn't save it, it's been saved.

Rollux

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380572
As a note, resetting the DSG if the clutches are worn can result in drive failure - ask my local VW dealer how they and now I know!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I haven't saved the scans on his laptop, just cleared the DTC and then done the dsg reset thing as per instructions.
Does vcds keep a log somewhere that I can access that may show info from before the procedure? That is my question, surely that can be answered without a full scan? Obviously if I haven't saved the scan and there is no record I can't get him to send me it so will need to get his laptop again, shame he's over 20 miles away and I don't have transport so rely on his good will.
If you've done a full scan, VCDS saved it in the Scans sub-folder.

-Uwe-

Back