Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 Allroad, 6MT swap and other...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apbreaux View Post
    Gotta start somewhere. Able to point me in right direction of how to do this coding? Much appreciated.
    Go to 01-Engone
    07-Coding and you will get screen like this , just put numbers that UWE suggested :
    coding.png

But even with Auto transmission coding you should be bale to Crank, so you missing something in your wiring , like Clutch pedal signal and something similar.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, good to know. How do I find a wiring diagram of my TCU?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, is the BCM the same as the CCM? I have a black box in driver's footwell: 4BO962258J.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Also, is the BCM the same as the CCM? I have a black box in driver's footwell: 4BO962258J.
    You don't have a BCM or a CCM. You have a CLM (Central Locking Module). You can see the above module part number in your scan at address 35-Cent. Locks.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

6. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    You don't have a BCM or a CCM. You have a CLM (Central Locking Module). You can see the above module part number in your scan at address 35-Cent. Locks.

-Uwe-
    Good to know. Is this something that would need to be programmed for a manual? Or a CLM from a manual put into my car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good to know. Is this something that would need to be programmed for a manual? Or a CLM from a manual put into my car?
    No, I don't think it cares about the type of transmission the car has.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

9. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    On my Touran, I had to code the BCM to manual, and change the wire from the TCU to permanent ground, as per the manual cars wiring diagram.

There is probably something similar in yours, but it may be done via a mechanical switch, or the TCU/BCM - I'm not familiar with your car.

And as Uwe suggests, you may need to physically change the engine ECU to a manual version - my R32 DSG-type engine ECU would not accept a coding change, so required the correct ECU. In my case, this also corrected the ABS TCU error message - again, yours may be different. To try the coding, you have to enter the engine ECU screen, select coding and change it to the number Uwe suggested above. It will possibly/probably say rejected.
    Thanks all you guys for the info. It's looking like there's not just a single way to do this. This thread was also brought to my attention: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-documentation. I think with all this I'll at least have a good basis to start with.

I've also ordered an IMMO deleted Mbox ECU. And I have purchased a used, matching ECU to my car out of a manual at a local junkyard, along with the instrument cluster from that car.

First thing I'm gonna do clean her up and change all the fluids, as it's been sitting for a couple years, making her ready for an initial engine start. Not sure if I'll wait for the Mbox or try reprogramming the in situ ECU. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all you guys for the info. It's looking like there's not just a single way to do this. This thread was also brought to my attention: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-documentation. I think with all this I'll at least have a good basis to start with.

I've also ordered an IMMO deleted Mbox ECU. And I have purchased a used, matching ECU to my car out of a manual at a local junkyard, along with the instrument cluster from that car.

First thing I'm gonna do clean her up and change all the fluids, as it's been sitting for a couple years, making her ready for an initial engine start. Not sure if I'll wait for the Mbox or try reprogramming the in situ ECU. We'll see.
    Immo delete will help you to start car and run, But when you install that other instrument cluster you will have Immo light flashing all the time and Message in LCD Immob Active . Only way to fix this is to program it to car .

If you decide to do programing I can do this , Just send me PM or email.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

12. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    Immo delete will help you to start car and run, But when you install that other instrument cluster you will have Immo light flashing all the time and Message in LCD Immob Active . Only way to fix this is to program it to car .

If you decide to do programing I can do this , Just send me PM or email.
    Thanks. I'll let you know how things go.

14. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post