Retrofit Woes instrument cluster b6 passat

MezTech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380032
Thanks for the read up will retrofit the tpms high for now as I do further reading on the cecm to bcm swap as well as the swapping of the ccm and reading of the eeprom data

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Noo I am nt familiar with the eeprom
I suggest you stay a way from this and let someone who know to do that part for you , otherwise ,like I said before, you can end up with Dead car in your hand.

MezTech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380032
My goal with that was just to read it and send it to someone to do the coding part not trying to brick anything

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
There is a free tool on dunt.at to assist with transferring the eeprom's immo contents from B6 CCM to B7 CCM.

MezTech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380032
ok will check it out currently looking at the best tool to use think I will go with the one you use

MezTech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380032
Gateway 7N0907530AJ
Tpms module 3AA907273F
tpms sensors 3AA907275

I already have the b7 passat instrument cluster installed if i buy and configure these parts will the tpms show up in the mfd my car came fitted with the direct tpms system from factory but since the clusters use different protocols I dont get any info on the mfd only get the tpms light on the dash

need a straight answer on this from anyone have all the parts in my cart just to click buy

diskoboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=50403
Gateway 7N0907530AJ
Tpms module 3AA907273F
tpms sensors 3AA907275

I already have the b7 passat instrument cluster installed if i buy and configure these parts will the tpms show up in the mfd my car came fitted with the direct tpms system from factory but since the clusters use different protocols I dont get any info on the mfd only get the tpms light on the dash

need a straight answer on this from anyone have all the parts in my cart just to click buy

All parts should fit, however, for the sensors I've would search for 3AA907275B. Without B it's just a repair set.
When everything is installed and coded with VCDS, you'll need datasets for 3AA907273F. This can't be done with VCDS, so you'll need another tool starting with V** or El**W**.

That said, if it was me, with this major project, I would do it in this way:

1. Cluster
2. CECM to BCM swap
3. TEST TEST TEST - make sure that everything is okay. No errors and car is working perfect
4. Change gateway and CCM module.
5. TEST TEST TEST - make sure that everything is okay. No errors and car is working perfect
6 Continue with other projects (TMPS and other)

I've been there and it's a hell trying to figure out which modules is causing the error when replacing multiple at the same time.

4 *** - remember one or 2 new wires from the ELV to/from the gateway is either no longer needed or should be added. I've can't remember, but there are some changes.

MezTech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380032
Ok thanks going to check back on scarp b7 comfortline which I took the instrument cluster from I will be able to get the bcm with the 3 big connectors(can dismantle and buy the entire harness if need be) and the relay panel from it, as well as the ccm the gateway was already sold, since the car doesn't have the tpms system, electric seats etc should I bother with taking the bcm and ccm from it as it has a limited feature set?

diskoboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=50403
Ok thanks going to check back on scarp b7 comfortline which I took the instrument cluster from I will be able to get the bcm with the 3 big connectors(can dismantle and buy the entire harness if need be) and the relay panel from it, as well as the ccm the gateway was already sold, since the car doesn't have the tpms system, electric seats etc should I bother with taking the bcm and ccm from it as it has a limited feature set?
The only reason for buying the entire harness + replay would be to have connectors when doing the conversion. Basically anything 15 centimeters from the 3AA BCM is not needed for this conversion project.... However it's allways nice to have some extra wires :)

Back