Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Woes instrument cluster b6 passat

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look here: https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/umba...-t4813384.html

(Use Google Chrome if Deutch is not your favorite language )

2. Likes iichel liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the read up will retrofit the tpms high for now as I do further reading on the cecm to bcm swap as well as the swapping of the ccm and reading of the eeprom data

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MezTech View Post
    Noo I am nt familiar with the eeprom
    I suggest you stay a way from this and let someone who know to do that part for you , otherwise ,like I said before, you can end up with Dead car in your hand.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW)
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK
    email: marinmm2001@gmail.com , info@advancedcarelectronics.com
    https://www.advancedcarelectronics.com/

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My goal with that was just to read it and send it to someone to do the coding part not trying to brick anything

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a free tool on dunt.at to assist with transferring the eeprom's immo contents from B6 CCM to B7 CCM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok will check it out currently looking at the best tool to use think I will go with the one you use

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gateway 7N0907530AJ
    Tpms module 3AA907273F
    tpms sensors 3AA907275

I already have the b7 passat instrument cluster installed if i buy and configure these parts will the tpms show up in the mfd my car came fitted with the direct tpms system from factory but since the clusters use different protocols I dont get any info on the mfd only get the tpms light on the dash

need a straight answer on this from anyone have all the parts in my cart just to click buy

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gateway 7N0907530AJ
    Tpms module 3AA907273F
    tpms sensors 3AA907275

I already have the b7 passat instrument cluster installed if i buy and configure these parts will the tpms show up in the mfd my car came fitted with the direct tpms system from factory but since the clusters use different protocols I dont get any info on the mfd only get the tpms light on the dash

need a straight answer on this from anyone have all the parts in my cart just to click buy
    All parts should fit, however, for the sensors I've would search for 3AA907275B. Without B it's just a repair set.
    When everything is installed and coded with VCDS, you'll need datasets for 3AA907273F. This can't be done with VCDS, so you'll need another tool starting with V** or El**W**.

That said, if it was me, with this major project, I would do it in this way:

1. Cluster
    2. CECM to BCM swap
    3. TEST TEST TEST - make sure that everything is okay. No errors and car is working perfect
    4. Change gateway and CCM module.
    5. TEST TEST TEST - make sure that everything is okay. No errors and car is working perfect
    6 Continue with other projects (TMPS and other)

I've been there and it's a hell trying to figure out which modules is causing the error when replacing multiple at the same time.

4 *** - remember one or 2 new wires from the ELV to/from the gateway is either no longer needed or should be added. I've can't remember, but there are some changes.

10. Likes Jetta ,97, Uwe, PetrolDave, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks going to check back on scarp b7 comfortline which I took the instrument cluster from I will be able to get the bcm with the 3 big connectors(can dismantle and buy the entire harness if need be) and the relay panel from it, as well as the ccm the gateway was already sold, since the car doesn't have the tpms system, electric seats etc should I bother with taking the bcm and ccm from it as it has a limited feature set?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks going to check back on scarp b7 comfortline which I took the instrument cluster from I will be able to get the bcm with the 3 big connectors(can dismantle and buy the entire harness if need be) and the relay panel from it, as well as the ccm the gateway was already sold, since the car doesn't have the tpms system, electric seats etc should I bother with taking the bcm and ccm from it as it has a limited feature set?
    The only reason for buying the entire harness + replay would be to have connectors when doing the conversion. Basically anything 15 centimeters from the 3AA BCM is not needed for this conversion project.... However it's allways nice to have some extra wires

13. Likes MezTech, Jetta ,97 liked this post