2011 Passat B7 (EU) AFS bixenon retrofit

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Yes it was in auto position last night when i test drove it.
I will have to check again in module 55, if something is not correct there.

I will also try byte 18 tonight, and the DCC level sensor is underway, soon fixed👍🏼

Will you be online later today?
Im from norway, so its almost 17:00 here now.. im not that stable at coding, and its my wifes car, so i dont want to mess something up for her when she leaves for work tomorrow😂

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Yes it was in auto position last night when i test drove it.
I will have to check again in module 55, if something is not correct there.

I will also try byte 18 tonight, and the DCC level sensor is underway, soon fixed����

Will you be online later today?
Im from norway, so its almost 17:00 here now.. im not that stable at coding, and its my wifes car, so i dont want to mess something up for her when she leaves for work tomorrow��

Yeah, I should be online. I'll check your coding in a a minute and propose a coding for the module 55.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ok, try this as module 55 coding :

Code:
02A200000B000200

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Ok, try this as module 55 coding :

Code:
02A200000B000200

Okey, so tried your coding string, and two bits were different from my code, the one activated a bit regarding dynamic lights, the second change was rear axle installation.
With your code, gave me «multilink rear axle 4WD.»

With that code i could not do basic settings, only got error when trying.

So i changed that back again to what I had, «twist link rear axle with level sensor» something, and did basic settings, everything OK.
But still no bending lights.
No DTC.
And auto level at startup is OK..

Now im at loss...

I also changed byte 18 to 65, (since ive read 65 on byte 18 on all three B7 EU retrofits), and everything works as should now!
(Exept bending lights)

Now i have full bright DRL ar zero position, and in auto when daylight, parking lights is dim, and with driving lights on, DRLs are dim!😁

Btw, There is one module called 20 or 22, (dont remember), high beam assist, and that module has headlight type: Halogen as coding..
Shouldnt that be changed to bi-xenon?

Ive never seen anyone change this, thats why in asking. Dont know if it matters or what..

So anyone with tips about bending lights bit to check in 09 or 55, ill be very happy.

Or maybe its byte 18 value who is wrong(??)

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
No, nothing wrong with byte 18. That has no effect on the AFS.

Do you still have the dynamic lights bit enabled in module 55? You only changed the rear axle type?

Are you trying to get the lights to turn while not moving?
They have a limit after they start to turn. I think it was 15km/h or so.

The codings are now ok. Get the DCC sensor fixed first, then see if the lights start to work or not.

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Yes, only changed rear axle type.

Yes im aware, as i have golf mk6 with same lights/bending.

I drove roughly 40-50kmh, and also lower speeds. No movement.

Yes ill fix dcc sensor tomorrow or the day after, they didnt have it in stock at dealer.

But i doubt it has anything with that to do, as far as ive found out, afs uses rear left level sensor only. There must be something else.

Can it be basic settings?
Ive only adjusted them against my garage gate, and they are similar height, but i havent used a light level adjuster as of yet, but if any adjustment needed, its a small tad up, as i adjusted them to approx how my golf mk6 is against same garage gate, from same distance..

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Can you post an adaptation map from module 55? VCDS -> Applications -> Controller module map and there adaptations, 55 and output as csv. Paste the contents here inside code brackets.

And yes, even the AFS only uses rear level sensor for the height adjustment, it might be that the DCC is flagging the data invalid due to one failed height sensor in it. Just a theory, nothing to confirm it with.

The coding in module 55 is correct now and so seems to be the byte 18 as all the lights works as they should.

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Can you post an adaptation map from module 55? VCDS -> Applications -> Controller module map and there adaptations, 55 and output as csv. Paste the contents here inside code brackets.

And yes, even the AFS only uses rear level sensor for the height adjustment, it might be that the DCC is flagging the data invalid due to one failed height sensor in it. Just a theory, nothing to confirm it with.

The coding in module 55 is correct now and so seems to be the byte 18 as all the lights works as they should.

Went into adaptions and choose csv as output.
Got a popup message saying «22 lines added to logs/admap.........»

I cant find any logs?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Where you installed VCDS\Logs and there they are

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Where you installed VCDS\Logs and there they are

sorry, my bad..
My first time using VCDS was now recently when starting this retrofit..

here goes:

;SW:5M0-907-357-F HW:7L6-907-357-C --- Headlight Range
;Component:AFS-ECU H04 0111, Coding:02B200000F000200
;EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSPt,002016,EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSPt_VW46.rod
;Wednesday,29,July,2020,16:43:16:63646
;VCDS Version: Release 20.4.1 (x64) Data version: 20200331 DS317.0
;VCID: 3744A49A8EB51A3EFA-8062

IDE03410-Yellow warning lamp,active ,1
IDE03641-Presentation run dynamic AFS light,active ,1
IDE03642-Presentation mode,not active ,1
IDE03679-Adaptive light functions,active ,1
IDE03787-Activate left/right hand drive switch-over,not active ,1
ENG104130-Curve Light Offset Left,0.0 °,1
ENG101665-Curve Light Offset Right,0.0 °,1
ENG99749-LWR Offset Left,0 mm,1
ENG104030-LWR Offset Right,0 mm,1
ENG100660-PWM to Level Scaling Factor Front,-3.40 mm/%,2
ENG103748-PWM to Level Scaling Factor Rear,3.80 mm/%,2
ENG103979-Reference_Run_Start_Condition,Reference run is carried out from an engine speed of 500 rpm ,1

Elapsed Time: 00:04

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Those look good. Let’s see if the lights start to function when you fix the DCC sensor.

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Hi and sorry for late reply!
I was out driving recently nighttime (its my wifes car, so i barely use it), and i noticed my lights do bend when i turn! But it seems to only work at 30km/h and up, and is barely noticable.. i guess its just the way its supposed to be.

Havent had the time to change the DCC sensor yet, but om planning to this upcoming weekend.

But i found a bit called DRL dimming with turn signals active. And thats something i would like to have, since the poor turn signals are barely visable when the DRL are at full brightness during daytime..

Anyhow! Thank you all for your help getting this retrofit 100%!
What a fantastic group of very talented people!!

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
That's how it is. The turning is really minimal. BUT it helps quite a lot at higher speeds, the amount of light it puts to a distance in turns and to the right place is a lot better compared to if you turn the bending off.

Artiforgs

Reaction score
Hi members!
I retrofited OEM HIDs last year, and now my MOT/yearly inspection is around the corner.
So im wondering, the retrofit, one of the cables from the original DRL lights in the bumper/foglights became my high beam signal or something, if i remember correctly.

So now, I have two bulbs each side in the fog lights, but only one of the bulbs is in use. Anyone know a solution to this? I see Passats with OEM hids also have two bulbs here in Norway/EU, bur on mine only one of them works..

anyone wanna give me a point in direction?

(to clear it up, from factory my car had one bulb for DRL lights in the bumper, and one bulb for fog lights/bending cornering light.
Now, my old DRL bulb is non functional anymore, and this will give me a fault at my inspection, as every bulb must work. (Simply removing it will not help)

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
Sounds like a VCDS would be helpful with your latest concern!

Indeed, this forum is operated by Ross-Tech, who produce VCDS, and is primarily intended as a resource for VCDS users.

We do have two dealers in Norway. ;)

-Uwe-

Back