HC100001

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Uwe:

The second of the four videos posted above is listed as a "private" video by YouTube. Is that intentional?

Michael

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Uwe:

The second of the four videos posted above is listed as a "private" video by YouTube. Is that intentional?

Michael

No it wasn't but we fixed that Michael :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yeah, it seems somebody updated the video and made the old version private, and it didn't occur to anyone here that the above post needed to be updated. :(

-Uwe-

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
OK, great, now I can see the video in the second post. I had no idea that the HEX-NET device could be used as a fishing lure. It is certainly a versatile product and I learn something new about it every time I visit this forum.

Michael

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
I had no idea that the HEX-NET device could be used as a fishing lure. It is certainly a versatile product and I learn something new about it every time I visit this forum.

Michael

Ah, so that is where Ron Propeil went!

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Dear Team,
can anyone do (fix) this click...

zkpX1A9.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Gary

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30906
I have been playing with the different options for connecting the device directly or to the router.
I have found that for me the best and reliable connection and with the best range is to using the device directly (Ad-Hoc as it's called?) I have an excellent range without dropping out and managed to connect to a vehicle from 30 metres (only for experimental purposes) :)
However, using infrastructure mode, for me it's a waste of time, very unreliable, so until I fix the issue, Direct connection is the only way. Without doubt, I reckon it's an issue with my router. so when I get the issue fixed, I'll report back in the hope it'll help others.
Or does anyone know of any particular router settings I should use?
Yesterday I even tried relocating my router from inside the office, to outside of the office to the workshop on a bracket on the wall, it made no difference. :rolleyes:
Am I correct in saying that infrastructure mode Should be better than Direct connection? Or maybe I just go and buy a better router, we'll see. :thumbs:

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Could also be power savings on your laptop. Typically we see them affect AP (ad-hoc) in a worse way, but that just shows they behave differently in those two modes. Try setting your wifi adapter for "maximum performance" or anything similar you can find, and also turn off "let Windows put this device to sleep to save power" (or similar).

Gary

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30906
Could also be power savings on your laptop. Typically we see them affect AP (ad-hoc) in a worse way, but that just shows they behave differently in those two modes. Try setting your wifi adapter for "maximum performance" or anything similar you can find, and also turn off "let Windows put this device to sleep to save power" (or similar).

My Laptops are always set for maximum performance, but the main issue is while I'm using my Desktop. My Desktop doesn't have a Wireless card, this Desktop is connected directly to the router, so tried using the device in Infrastructure mode so I can use VCDS on the Desktop. Hope this makes sense. So to enable me to use the Desktop, I have to connect a D-link USB connector and connect the device using Direct access.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Yep that makes sense. I use a similar setup here at home (wired desktop) and I actually ran CAT6 and a third WiFi router to my garage for this purpose last week. Even without the third router, scans in infrastructure mode were slow but reliable, as long as I left the car door open.

Gary

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30906
For sure my router has the issue, because in infrastructure mode, I use VCDS in my office and the car is just outside office in workshop, only 3 metres away. But I have the poor connection in this mode. I'll try changing some settings in the router after I researched what are the best setting for my router, and go from there.
In the meantime time, I just connect a D-Link WiFi to my Desktop and everything is perfect when connecting using Ad-Hoc direct mode.

Gary

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30906
update

I contacted my service provider who supplied my router and advised what settings to change and try.
I logged in to the router and simply changed the channel from Automatic to channel 1, I tested this and so far it's made a massive difference and at the moment it works fine in infrastructure mode.
Hope this helps anyone else who has the same issue.
:)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And there are several similar iOS apps on the iTunes Store for iDevice users.
Cool. Are there any in particular that you'd recommend?

-Uwe-

Back