Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HEX-NET Introductory Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Primarily I use Fing to get the IP addresses of what items are on my WiFi network. Right now, I'm waiting to see which apps survive the iOS 11 roll out as it will no longer run 32-bit apps. Hopefully all the app descriptions will say if they are 32 & 64 bit compliant and 32-bit only apps will be purged from the store eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    Right now, I'm waiting to see which apps survive the iOS 11 roll out as it will no longer run 32-bit apps.
    You can find out which of your Apps are 32 bit in iOS10.3.3. Just press Settings, About, Applications and any 32-bit Apps you have installed will be shown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    You can find out which of your Apps are 32 bit in iOS10.3.3. Just press Settings, About, Applications and any 32-bit Apps you have installed will be shown.
    BTDTGT. The question is which apps in the store are still 32-bit only. I already know which ones on my iPhone & iPad are only 32-bit; but I don't want to waste money buying an app from the store that isn't. There is a POSSIBLE way to make the determination, however. As of 1 Jun 15 BOTH app UPDATES and NEW apps had to be at least 32/64-bit compliant, so if the date on the app is AFTER June 2015, it should work in iOS 11.

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought I would share my experiences with using the Hex-Net, see post No11
    I installed a D-Link wireless card in to my Dell desktop and tested it in Direct connection mode. It works flawlessly from about 35 metres away and I still had a FULL signal on my Wi-Fi indicator. The wireless card does have 2 antennas, so would presume this would give a better and stable connection, and for sure it does.

6. Likes Uwe, Derek liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    A question for the experienced... I have just purchased a HEX-NET and can not find my way to the adaptions and coding.

I have tried the AP mode which of course has limited functions....so far so good.

I have connected in the infrastucture mode with both my house Wi-fi and an iPad or iPhone and also with my iPad and iPhone as Hotspots. None of these configurations seem to work and allow me to access the cloud functions (which I assume is where the adaptions and coding are located?) Irrespective of my wi-fi access configuration I receive an error message that the cloud can not be accessed and that I should check my internet connection.

The connection works fine. I am absolutely positive. I am also able to download ASAM data files after an autoscan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jeffrey

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    what happens when you click cloud functions? Does it display an error?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, after about 5 sec I receive a pop-up message somewhere along the lines of „the cloud can not be accessed and that I need to check my internet connection“.
    I am not currently in the car...

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    In VCDS-Mobile do [Options] -> [Self Test] -> [Advanced Network Test] and post the results.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post