DSG DQ250 stuck in flash mode

sep

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=70842
Hi. Golf 6 Gti DSG. Replaced the mechatronic with the same hardware and software ID. Tried to update the software using non genuine VAS5054. Went into flash mode but did not flash. Recycled the ignition. Now getting code 01315-004. Similar fault in other modules. I can delete all except the transmission. I can still communicate with TCU. The "P" sign on the gearshift flashes and the engine does not turn.
I put another TCU in the car and tried to flash it. Same thing happened. Removed battery terminals and connected again. Same issue. It seems it is stuck in flash mode. Any suggestions?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Tried to update the software using non genuine VAS5054. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you have semi-bricked two TCU modules with your non-genuine VAS5054? Does that suggest it may be the common cause?

Reactions: Uwe

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
How beefy is the voltage supply you definitely hooked up to the car while performing flashing operations? Is it big enough to give a stable 13.8-14v system voltage?

Reactions: Uwe

sep

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=70842
How beefy is the voltage supply you definitely hooked up to the car while performing flashing operations? Is it big enough to give a stable 13.8-14v system voltage?
I use Bosch voltage stabilizer suitable for programming. The voltage is a constant 14.1v.

It seems that the DQ250 is prone to crashing while trying to flash them. That is why most DSG tuners offer a recovery cable to rectify this issue. I have done lots of DSG upgrades and tuning. I am the Revo exclusive dealer for Thailand but luckily I had never encountered a similar situation. I already ordered a DSG DQ250 direct programming cable and software to recover thus TCU.

Back