Thread: DSG DQ250 stuck in flash mode

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

DSG DQ250 stuck in flash mode

Hi. Golf 6 Gti DSG. Replaced the mechatronic with the same hardware and software ID. Tried to update the software using non genuine VAS5054. Went into flash mode but did not flash. Recycled the ignition. Now getting code 01315-004. Similar fault in other modules. I can delete all except the transmission. I can still communicate with TCU. The "P" sign on the gearshift flashes and the engine does not turn.
    I put another TCU in the car and tried to flash it. Same thing happened. Removed battery terminals and connected again. Same issue. It seems it is stuck in flash mode. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sep View Post
    Tried to update the software using non genuine VAS5054. Any suggestions?
    Sounds like you have semi-bricked two TCU modules with your non-genuine VAS5054? Does that suggest it may be the common cause?

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    How beefy is the voltage supply you definitely hooked up to the car while performing flashing operations? Is it big enough to give a stable 13.8-14v system voltage?

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTommy View Post
    How beefy is the voltage supply you definitely hooked up to the car while performing flashing operations? Is it big enough to give a stable 13.8-14v system voltage?
    I use Bosch voltage stabilizer suitable for programming. The voltage is a constant 14.1v.

It seems that the DQ250 is prone to crashing while trying to flash them. That is why most DSG tuners offer a recovery cable to rectify this issue. I have done lots of DSG upgrades and tuning. I am the Revo exclusive dealer for Thailand but luckily I had never encountered a similar situation. I already ordered a DSG DQ250 direct programming cable and software to recover thus TCU.