Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: VW Area view compatibility between different headunits

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m pretty sure that is what you will see no matter what you do.

Kufatec sells front and rear camera set and in their pictures there’s disconnected camera icons as well

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Original cables are quite expensive compared to buying a complete harness.

I’ve got the wiring harness for Passat. Normally there is one cable
    in the front bumper, interior, rear lid + 2 doors (5 in total)

I’ve only used the interior + 2 door cables (3 cables). The cables from the interior harness was long enough in a Touran so properly it would be in a Golf as well.

*** EDIT ***: Just remembered that for each door there are 2 cables. One from door to to inside the close to the door control unit and further up to the mirror....

So I’ve used 5 instead of 7 cables.

Wiring harness + Passat mirrors was found on eBay
    Last edited by diskoboy; 06-06-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you help me find a whole Passat interior wiring like the one you linked earlier on ebay? I don't understand german, how can I be sure that it has Area View?
    my Golf left the factory with 18 ECUs. now she has 27. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    can you help me find a whole Passat interior wiring like the one you linked earlier on ebay? I don't understand german, how can I be sure that it has Area View?
    This one has area view:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/263975263248

Look at the white door connectors and all the video connectors within a small area together with the black connnector. Without area view, there are 4 black door connectors. With area view there are 2 white and 2 black

5. Likes downtime, darkchina811 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    so basically I should be good

if not again asking too much, can you take a picture of the screen with the side cameras disconnected?

and thanks for confirming that module index can be updated

also, what do I need for just front and rear calibration?
    Ok I tried coding out the left and right camera. Well, didn't go as expected. Both cameras were still functioning and there was an error flagged to the module "Control module incorrectly coded". Looks like it senses if the camera is really connected or not.

But, as you saw on the drive2 ru post I linked, the module works and displays just the camera images that are connected. Probably then it will also work without side cameras.

Calibration though, that is a good question. I would imagine you will need to have the area view calibration plates to calibrate front and rear. Then another issue might be that the calibration conditions might not be correct if there are no side cameras connected.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime
    Calibration though, that is a good question. I would imagine you will need to have the area view calibration plates to calibrate front and rear. Then another issue might be that the calibration conditions might not be correct if there are no side cameras connected.
    yes, this is actually very probable. ok, I am gonna give up for real now. thanks for your time.
    my Golf left the factory with 18 ECUs. now she has 27. and counting