Beetle minor damage roof doesnt work and windows intermittently.

callipygian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369882
At the very least, your databus should come back to life and your BCM should start complaining about missing modules rather than faulty wiring.
Personally, I'd disconnect all the door connectors first and see what's happening. That's easier than removing the door panels and disconnect the electric window motors.
If that doesn't help, you can measure the voltage on the LIN wire. It's not an exact science, but if it is shorted to GND or completely open, it might help.
And you can disconnect the BCM and any other device living on the LIN (like MFSW) and measure the LIN voltage again. If it's still short to GND or 12V, might consider faulty wiring.
If not, re-connect BCM and then one-by-one re-connect devices and interrogate BCM about LIN status.

Or in any order you like. Systematic is the approach you need.

Just tried disconnecting the doors and the error remained the same nothing has changed the faults showing. Im researching how to measure voltage on lin now.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Just use a multimeter. Black to GND (i.e. 12v/cigarette sockrt) and red to LIN wire (i.e. in the door coupling point or door motor). Use the wiring scheme to identify the correct colour of wire.

callipygian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369882
I was tracing all the modules on lin bus 1 & 2 and was wondering if this could be it? I saw only 3 things on bus 2 the rest on 1. Just making sure im reading the diagram correctly.

j527 steering column electronics module
j386 driver door control module
j245 sunroof control module (bus 2)
g397 rain light sensor (bus 2)
g273 Interior monitoring sensor (bus 2)
j387 Passenger door control module
v26 Left rear window regulator motor
v27 right rear “” “”
j533 Databus on board diagnostic interface
h12 alarm horn

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Sounds about right to me. In my polo the H12 has its own LIN pin on the bcm

Reactions: Uwe

callipygian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369882
Would anyone know if the j245 is still used on a convertible? I see it on the diagram showing it connects to j519 but cant find it anywhere on the location map.

callipygian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369882
Why would they show it on the wiring diagram, for some reason I thought when you go on erWin the diagram you see is specific to the car.

callipygian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=369882
Took awhile but i found out that the rear window regulators were shorting out to ground. Everything repaired itself after I disconnected the connectors cleaned them out some then reconnected them back.

Back