Applications/gateway installation list

ED30R

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=70060
Hey,

The other day I plugged into a mk5 Gti and I usually go to applications then gateway installation list and go to which module I need from there. The gateway installation list was grayed out.

I then went to select, done what I needed to do and then went back to applications and the gateway installation list was ok to use then.

I don’t think I’ve changed any settings unless by accident 👍

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The gateway installation list was grayed out.
The button for it? Or what? If you can reproduce this, a screen-shot might be useful.

-Uwe-

ED30R

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=70060
It’s there on the screen but it’s not highlighted, the box next to it “Erase all DTCs” is also grayed out.
I’ve got a picture but I’m just trying to figure out how to upload it ��

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks. We received the photo via e-mail. This thread may be helpful in the future: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?95-How-To-Post-Pictures

I believe that could be happening if the prior car you scanned was K-line -and- the next car was CAN but you didn't [Options]>[Test]>[Save] prior to using the [Applications] button.

When the ignition is on and a CAN car is connected VCDS fetches the GVL (Gateway Installation List) after the user clicks [Select] at which point the the |Installed| tab loads from the Select a control module screen. After it does that all CAN functions on the Application screen would work as well.

ED30R

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=70060
Thanks for the link.

Ok I’ll check this tomorrow and options test save. I’ve never had it happen before even on my old lead. I don’t think I’ve scanned anything Kline this week either

Back