Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: General Corona Virus Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DneprDave View Post
    I'll still wear a mask, when I'm out and about, anyway.
    You are certainly free to do that if you wish.

However, there are some good arguments to be made that their improper use by the general public is actually counter-productive, and many (perhaps most?) people use them improperly.

A mask, like any other air filter, concentrates contaminants on its surface. You wear it out and about, but you take it off to eat or take a drink. When you put it down, you've just contaminated the surface you've put it on with whatever's on the mask, and if the surface you've placed it on is contaminated, you've contaminated the mask.

This time of year, it's quite uncomfortable to wear one anyplace that's not climate-controlled, which causes people to fiddle with them and touch either the mask or their faces. If the mask is contaminated, they've just contaminated their hands. If their hands are contaminated, they've just contaminated the mask or their face.

Check into the training that health care professionals receive regarding the proper donning, doffing, and use of masks and tell me the general public is willing or able to come anywhere close to that? I don't think so!

Moreover, a mask cannot be re-used safely without being santitized. Yet lots of people wear the same fancy "reusable" mask day after day without doing a damn thing to clean it.

I'll wear one inside a store or other indoor facility if I'm required to. It will be a brand-new 30-cent "surgical" style one, which will be donned with clean hands before I go in there. I will not touch or remove it while inside. I will doff it using the ear-loops only the moment I leave the place, and dispose of it right then and there. So if a place requires masks, they'd better have a trashcan outside the door as well, because I'm not going to put a used mask in my car.

Personally, my sense is that we'd accomplish more with good hand hygiene than masks, but of course it's far more difficult tell when or how thoroughly a person last washed their hands than it is to see if they're wearing a mask, which makes hand hygiene rather difficult to enforce.

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 08-05-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

2. Likes Da Tow'd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BB tt View Post
    wow posted the link to the mask report on FB and they deleted link and replaced it with "website not found"
    Why am I not surprised?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Cell phones, maybe kids should wear a Go Pro camera and upload to dirt collection cloud?

How about home school and direct tax moneys back to tax payer or home that teaches their own kids?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/08/12/over-900-in-georgia-district-quarantine-as-high-school-shut/24589044/

Over 900 in Georgia district quarantine as high school shut
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; Today at 09:55 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........