Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
I'm not sure whether how accurate this is, but some people have claimed that certain states such as NY only count people who actually died in nursing homes as nursing home deaths, and don't count those who were were moved to a hospital prior to death as such.

PA counts deaths "Associated with Nursing Homes and Personal Care Homes". The implication being that it doesn't matter where a person actually died; if they lived in a such a facility at the time they became ill, they are counted.

-Uwe-

Personally, I'd argue that's more accurate.

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085
CDC director Robert Redfield dropped some bombshell news during a talk he gave two weeks ago. But despite its significance, hardly anyone knows about the sickening bit of data he let slip:

“We’re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from Covid. We’re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose, that are above excess, than we had as background, than we are seeing deaths from Covid.”
Let that sink in. Even Redfield admits lockdowns are now killing at least two times the number of Americans as COVID-19.

Dozens of media outlets did run stories on his talk the very same day. But some, like the Washington Post, neglected to even mention this appalling disclosure at all. Among those that did report that Redfield and Fauci’s cure is now killing at least twice as many Americans as the disease, none made it the focus of their story. Instead, every single headline mentioned something else Redfield had said:

CDC Director Says Masks Are Key for Reopening of Schools

https://www.redstate.com/michael_th...ug-ods-killing-way-more-americans-than-covid/

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Even Redfield admits lockdowns are now killing at least two times the number of Americans as COVID-19.
And plenty of people predicted something like that would happen.

I'd wager it would look even worse if they considered the average age of these deaths of despair compared to the average age of death from (or with) Covid, i.e. the number of life-years lost by each death.

-Uwe-

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085
And plenty of people predicted something like that would happen.

I'd wager it would look even worse if they considered the average age of these deaths of despair compared to the average age of death from (or with) Covid, i.e. the number of life-years lost by each death.

-Uwe-

Thankfully i work in the defense industry, so am deemed essential and don't have to worry about losing my house or feeding my family. Unfortunately OSHA is treating Wuhan cases in the workplace the same as a workplace accident so all the companies are scared to bring back "non-essential" workers for fear of being fined by OSHA or sued by employees. On that note how is an employee "non-essential"? Companies are not known for keeping non-essential employees, by essence that you still have a job you are kind of essential to the company otherwise they would let you go.

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085
WOOOOOOO- HOOOOOOO

Local school districts here have been giving parents a choice whether they want to send their children in person or do online with the option to change that decision at anytime during the year. The liberal bureaucrats in the county health dept couldn't allow people to think for themselves (even after both local children's hospitals in the dfw area recommended sending kids in person) and ordered all schools closed. Texas AG just overuled them.

Local Health Authorities Can't Issue ‘Sweeping Orders Closing Schools': Texas AG Paxton
Paxton's guidance puts the decision on when to start school back in the hands of the local school districts

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronav...ders-closing-schools-texas-ag-paxton/2414650/

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Unfortunately OSHA is treating Wuhan cases in the workplace the same as a workplace accident
I had no heard that, and it's really quite absurd. A workplace injury is one thing; it's usually fairly apparent whether the person was injured at work or not. But when a person comes down with WuFlu, how does anyone know where they caught it?

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Won't a certified COVID tracer be able to determine that, like cop can gauge speed of a vehicle over hills:rolleyes:?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
As part of the next stimulus plan, Congress is supposed to add a provision to protect employers and others from lawsuits brought by people claiming the business was negligent in its cleaning/care. Obviously, if those bozos figured out that people will sue over such, then it is a reality.

I'm sure the insurance industry lobbyists are pushing hard for such a provision for they do not want to defend their clients over such law suits. They never want to pay out to anyone if they can avoid it.

My pop always said, "Follow the money boy. That will tell the real story."

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085
You mean a certified COVID tracer who isn't allowed to ask whether a person has been to one of the "mostly peaceful" protests?

-Uwe-

While you know you can't catch a virus at a riot... oops i mean protest.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
the thing that caught my eye in looking at the video [in the election thread], was the dynamic of the face mask on actor/journalist? Interesting as to when the mask was/wasn't covering his mouth!

We have just imposed mandatory wearing of face masks here because of our wave-2 infection count and journalists are able to remove their masks when talking-to-camera. I'm guessing from the absence of masks on many folk in the video that that Philadelphia doesn't have mandatory wearing of masks - but the mask dynamic is interesting nevertheless.
Pennsylvania does have a face mask requirement indoors, in businesses and other buildings open to the public:
https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-masks-are-mandatory-in-pennsylvania-businesses/

But the Post Office is Federal property and State rules do not apply therein, and I don't think Pennsylvania requires face mask use outdoors.

What you saw in that video is behavior exemplifying why face mask mandates can actually make things worse. He had it on and off, repeatedly adjusting it and touching it. He apparently doesn't have a care in the world about touching things like mailbox handles that numerous other people have likely touched recently, or about touching his mask and face immediately after touching other things.

I think masks provide a false sense of security and the mandates to use them haven't done a darn thing to slow the spread. In fact, in some places the spread started increasing noticeably roughly 5-7 days (one replication cycle) after such mandates were imposed. Coincidence?

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Pennsylvania does have a face mask requirement indoors, in businesses and other buildings open to the public:
https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-masks-are-mandatory-in-pennsylvania-businesses/

But the Post Office is Federal property and State rules do not apply therein, and I don't think Pennsylvania requires face mask use outdoors.

What you saw in that video is behavior exemplifying why face mask mandates can actually make things worse. He had it on and off, repeatedly adjusting it and touching it. He apparently doesn't have a care in the world about touching things like mailbox handles that numerous other people have likely touched recently, or about touching his mask and face immediately after touching other things.

I think masks provide a false sense of security and the mandates to use them haven't done a darn thing to slow the spread. In fact, in some places the spread started increasing noticeably roughly 5-7 days (one replication cycle) after such mandates were imposed. Coincidence?

-Uwe-

Uwe: I do understand your point - I suspect that it's ostensibly an education deficiency albeit I would have thought that most of the points about face-mask use in your reply were simple common sense issues!!

I didn't know about the special status of Federal properties in the COVID environment up there. Sounds weird that rules that have resulted from State based evaluation of risk suddenly become non-binding once a person steps into a Federal building. Must send a real confusing message to the populous!

Don

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Must send a real confusing message to the populous!
The only consistency in all of this is the confusion created by the governmental agencies trying to tell us how to live in this environment. They apparently have little clue but feel it necessary to tell all what we should do. Then they turn around and do an about face coming up with a completely contrary idea saying, "this is what we must do!".

Feds and local governments send different messages most everyday. Want to know why Americans are doing their own thing? We have stopped listening to the nonsense. We have lost faith in our government. We are tired of all the competing and contrary senseless rules.

Our governing people do not know what to do but feel it necessary to open their pie holes, telling their constituents to do "xyz". Better they should be honest and tell all they do not know. That we could believe. But most important - they should stop talking! Few are listening now.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
u26V91F.jpg

-Uwe-

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
If only people realized... The mask doesn't protect you from other people, it protects other people from you (to some, notable, degree)

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
The only consistency in all of this is the confusion created by the governmental agencies trying to tell us how to live in this environment. They apparently have little clue but feel it necessary to tell all what we should do. Then they turn around and do an about face coming up with a completely contrary idea saying, "this is what we must do!".

Feds and local governments send different messages most everyday. Want to know why Americans are doing their own thing? We have stopped listening to the nonsense. We have lost faith in our government. We are tired of all the competing and contrary senseless rules.

Our governing people do not know what to do but feel it necessary to open their pie holes, telling their constituents to do "xyz". Better they should be honest and tell all they do not know. That we could believe. But most important - they should stop talking! Few are listening now.

Bruce: Without intending any offense and fully acknowledging the inappropriateness of stereo-typing a entire nation's populous - it seems (to me) that the single distinguishing characteristic of Americans is their relationship with the Governments that they choose. Of course, it's the duty of all citizens to hold their elected Governments to account - but America seems to do this with a fervor that is unique. Please don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not suggesting that this practice (which is just a personal observation) is inappropriate - it's not; it just seems to me to be a defining feature of your countrymen. Perhaps, it's the reason why your country holds its current per-eminence, or maybe it's a consequence of your country's preeminence - not sure which?

If only people realized... The mask doesn't protect you from other people, it protects other people from you (to some, notable, degree)

Mike: I agree - but as we both know, your point is made from a personal perspective. This same point when viewed from a community perspective means that wearing masks protects you from other people "to some notable degree" - as you say!!

Don

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085

-Uwe-

That is blaspheme, i am reporting you to fuaci immediately!

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085

did same thing at congressional hearing not realizing cspan cameras keep rolling as soon as the alphabet news turned camera off he took mask off.

Back