MK7 Steering wheel retrofit

y333mos

Reaction score
Hello guys, I need some help, been stuck for months now.
I am retrofitting a Polo 6C steering wheel without criuse control buttons (like new mk7) into my 58plate Scirocco.
Everything works but the buttons do not illuminate.
I have read on a thread here that soldering two wires on the board of the buttons will resolve this problem.
From that thread the image links are no longer available to view. Can anyone help me out please?
Many thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

y333mos

Reaction score
Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I have taken the steering off since I have installed it as I wanted to solve the illumination problem so auto scan will not show me much.
What it WILL show is how your car is equipped, which is important to be able to advise you abut wiring and/or coding changes necessary.

y333mos

Reaction score
What it WILL show is how your car is equipped, which is important to be able to advise you abut wiring and/or coding changes necessary.

Hi Dave, I will have to get my friend around to use vcds but i dont think he has a genuine copy and dont wanna get banned for posting it.
I am retrofitting a Polo 6C steering wheel: 6C0 419 091, with buttons: 1K8 959 442 without cruise control. I also have 1K0953549 CH control module.
from the previous thread I linked above, the illumination of buttons has been solved! :(

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Hi Dave, I will have to get my friend around to use vcds but i dont think he has a genuine copy and dont wanna get banned for posting it.
Since this site is for those with GENUINE copies of VCDS then you either need to find a friend who doesn't buy illegal rip-off copies of VCDS, or ask elsewhere.

Reactions: Uwe

y333mos

Reaction score
Since this site is for those with GENUINE copies of VCDS then you either need to find a friend who doesn't buy illegal rip-off copies of VCDS, or ask elsewhere.

So I can not get help from the community if I do not own VCDS?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
So I can not get help from the community if I do not own VCDS?

This forum is intended to give those who have purchased our system - our legitimate real system - help. Those using the knock-offs need to go to their knock-off seller for such help. We will not assist them until they buy a real system and register it. You and friend can buy one together if you like and we will work with you. But what we will not do is enable those who choose to enable the thieves - for that is what knock off guys are - to fix their cars with our help.

The forum is open for all to read. Many will find help simply by reading here.

To answer your question exactly, sorry no, we will not help you until you use a legitimate registered system. They are available directly from us:
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Reactions: Uwe

y333mos

Reaction score
This forum is intended to give those who have purchased our system - our legitimate real system - help. Those using the knock-offs need to go to their knock-off seller for such help. We will not assist them until they buy a real system and register it. You and friend can buy one together if you like and we will work with you. But what we will not do is enable those who choose to enable the thieves - for that is what knock off guys are - to fix their cars with our help.

The forum is open for all to read. Many will find help simply by reading here.

To answer your question exactly, sorry no, we will not help you until you use a legitimate registered system. They are available directly from us:
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

I do not own any vcds software .. i can go my my mechanic and get a copy of a legit autoscan but the thread I have mentioned before has no mention of using vcds !
Also the mod I am mentioning has nothing to do with vcds unless I can get the illumination to work!
I am just here to seek some advise and am being told to spend hundreds of pounds on vcds software instead of actual help! I not doing fraud or using illegitimate software.
I just need help with what has been posted before and is not available as its been a year since that thread has been posted

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
It's a simple concept. The makers of VCDS (Ross Tech) provide this forum specifically to help owners of their product, VCDS. If you're not a registered VCDS user and (lets be honest) have no intention of becoming one, then you can ask a question, but will be very limited im the replies you get, as without providing an autoscan from your vehicle showing what hardware, software, fault codes etc. are present then no one is going to attempt any help because no one knows exxactly what your problem may be.

As for the other thread you seem to be relying on and complaining that there may or may not have been any such stipulation on that user, he's a registered user and as such has much greater privilege than yourself. For a start, he's already proved he's a good egg by buying the software and cable which (as I said) is a requirement for getting help on this forum.

You're welcome to provide an autoscan from any registered users cable and software, and that will at least give people an idea of what your problem may be. Is that not an option?

y333mos

Reaction score
It's a simple concept. The makers of VCDS (Ross Tech) provide this forum specifically to help owners of their product, VCDS. If you're not a registered VCDS user and (lets be honest) have no intention of becoming one, then you can ask a question, but will be very limited im the replies you get, as without providing an autoscan from your vehicle showing what hardware, software, fault codes etc. are present then no one is going to attempt any help because no one knows exxactly what your problem may be.

As for the other thread you seem to be relying on and complaining that there may or may not have been any such stipulation on that user, he's a registered user and as such has much greater privilege than yourself. For a start, he's already proved he's a good egg by buying the software and cable which (as I said) is a requirement for getting help on this forum.

You're welcome to provide an autoscan from any registered users cable and software, and that will at least give people an idea of what your problem may be. Is that not an option?

thats cool - this thread can be deleted in that case :)

Back