Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf 7 tsi 1.0

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you did not think the ecu is affected

Post Thanks / Like
    automania: Of course anything is possible - but just based on your autoscan (which is really all we know about the car - other than it has been baptized at some point in its history) it appears that the hex01 module is complaining about the data that it's not receiving from other modules.

The "No Communication with Engine Control Module" DTC on the Gateway module is concerning, but this error has a date-stamp in late December 2019 and the fault frequency=1 - which means that the DTC has not reappeared on any subsequent ignition cycle. Now, I don't know how long the car has been sitting in the "insurance yard" - but generally a low fault frequency on an "aged" DTC is a good sign.

So, on the plus side - at least from a CAN perspective, the ecu appears to be communicating correctly and it isn't reporting any internal errors at the autoscan date. At face value (and assuming that the car has been operational since late December 2019), this suggests that the ecu might be OK. But mine is simply a deduction that is predicated on a single piece of information (i.e the initial auto-scan) - further work is needed to confirm what is my flaky speculation starting with a re-post of the auto-scan after clearing the DTCs.

However the primary DTCs (like bringing the air-bag module on-line) need to be addressed first to ensure that they are not masking other errors!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 04-23-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes PetrolDave, Pinpointdiag, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks i appreciate it

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks i found the problem it was the bcm that was faulty i want to know does bcm need programing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by automania View Post
    thanks i found the problem it was the bcm that was faulty i want to know does bcm need programing
    automania: Hi again.

I'm ecstatic to read that the problem was found (and I'm delighted that the ECU is OK). However, without intending any offense - there is disturbing economy of information in your latest revelation!

Faulty BCM-what does this mean? How was the BCM faulty? What precisely was the nature of the module failure (most DTCs in your auto-scan could be explained by dubious peripherals)?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry about that it is hex01 module it is burn so i am buying new one i just want to know if i need to program the part number on the module is 5Q0937084CN

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry about that it is hex01 module it is burn so i am buying new one i just want to know if i need to program the part number on the module is 5Q0937084CN
    So if the engine ECU is faulty (#01) and will be replaced then why are you asking about changing the part number to that of the BCM (#09)?

10. Likes Uwe, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    automania: Hi again.

I'm ecstatic to read that the problem was found (and I'm delighted that the ECU is OK). However, without intending any offense - there is disturbing economy of information in your latest revelation!

Faulty BCM-what does this mean? How was the BCM faulty? What precisely was the nature of the module failure (most DTCs in your auto-scan could be explained by dubious peripherals)?

Don
    i got second hand ecu for my golf 7 and i hard that it is online programming i want to know if my vcds can do the online programming

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    no it cannot. you need ODIS with dealer level Geko account.
    my Golf left the factory with 18 ECUs. now she has 27. and counting

13. Likes Uwe, downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have odis interface but the sorftware they give me not working i dont know if i can find some help with working software i dont mind to pay for it