Latest software download operation

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Hello, I wonder at the possible next update if it could be possible to allow the software to open up to full screen capacity!

Its a bit of a nuisance to keep walking back to the computer to read the small screen.

Thank you.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Open VCDS
Select [OPTIONS]
Select the User Interface and Identification Tab
See the Window size slider.
Move the slider to the right side of the screen a bit.
Click Save
Exit VCDS
Restart VCDS
The screen will now be larger.

Caution: You can make it too big and then will have trouble navigating things. Do make the changes a little at a time.

This adjustment has been in VAG-COM/VCDS for the better part of 15 years - maybe longer. Getting too old to remember. Empathize with the reading things. Old eyes do not work well for me any longer. Suggest you try 12 as a start...

technodevotee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=339141
The program setting are in VCDS.CFG so if you make a backup of that file before playing with the size setting you can always restore it if you over cook the setting.

The other way back is to click on the icon in the top left corner and select 'Delete config file and close' - the downside is that you need to reconfigure everything.

Ask me how I know about these things :facepalm:

Reactions: Uwe

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Thank you all for the advice. I followed the instructions from Bruce and all is well. I can't say that on older software versions that I noticed this problem, but its works great now.

Back