A4 B6 Central Electric module swap - DRL intentions

dhtj

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi guys!

My car is A4 B6 1.8TQ AVJ 2002 sedan made for the Swiss market.
The car has halogen headlights, without light sensor and without AUTO position on the light switch.

I want to have automatic daytime running lights. When I start the car, high or low beams to turn on, without interior lighting and tail lights.
I tried changing the country coding with vcds (from here) but only the sidelight appeared to be affected.

I started searching and reading on Audi forums and I found that my central electric module is low line (8E0 907 279 D) which does not support DRL and i need to change it with a highline one.
So I bought one from a scraped A4 B6 - 8E0 907 279 F and installed it in my car. I executed the "learning procedure - 46992" on channel 81 with VCDS and dualk+can usb and I think it ran successfully.
However, that module is not working correctly. The sidelights appear to be turned on all the time and I cannot switch on the high beams (they only work when pulling the left lever as a "warning signal"). I tried coding it by all available country codes. Nothing changed.

Am I missing something about the installation?
Do you have any idea how to make it work?

Thank you!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

dhtj

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your reply!
Here's my autoscan:

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here. 

Last edited by a moderator:

dhtj

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi, it should be original version, I borrowed it from a friend and he said it is.
I just skipped to copy the bits from the log which I found unnecessary like date and versions.
Here's the full one:

Code:
Removed.    Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back