Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Jetta MK60EC1 module needed, can't find right part number

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Does this mean you are for the firmware update as a cheap way for VAG to address the electronics issues or are you against the actual firmware update and is it not enough to repair cars with this problem within range of production?

No, I am not a fan of the firmware update, because....

We have seen a lot of issues with these ABS controllers and when applicable, the firmware update does not seem to really fix a lot of these vehicles, they typically eventually end up needed an new/replacement ABS controller anyway.

Now, we do not of course see the majority of the vehicles, so I can not be too judgmental and the firmware maybe an acceptable fix in many cases. Personally, I would rather replace the controller with a new unit, than to flash it, based on my experience with the failure rate of the older controllers.

Puzzling funny right, normally production Vin range's are specified on TSB or campaign such as this no?

- Right, and yes, sometimes the VINs or a VIN range do get published in the campaigns/recalls or an attachment. In this case, I suspect that there were a few of vehicles that had these exact controllers installed and a VIN range could not narrow it down. I have also seen lists of VINs too, in this case I bet there were too many to print!

The dealership can use ELSA to view all the applicable recalls and campaigns for a VIN. One could ask the dealership to "see" or print this page. It is not hard and even a service tech has access. They need to select the "Campaigns/Actions" on the right menu, after they have entered the VIN into ELSA. Once they do that a 'popup' will appear and show the details for all the applicable recalls and campaigns. This will show a status, either "OPEN" or "CLOSED" for each service listed, if any.

Hope this add clarity to my thoughts,

drpeter

Bravo......I like your perspective!
    Thank you for your input on this matter.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, closing up here. Thanks again to Jack for the help with the part numbers I needed. I ended up installing a 1K0907375AS that I got off ebay for $50. I was able to bleed it, program it and set the basic settings. Problems solved! Great news to the owner of the car and I didn't even charge her any labor, another win for the people!
    Cheers,
    Noah

3. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOD REMOVAL WINS AGAIN!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........