Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling my VCDS

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    Thanks Dana.

Maybe Gendan the UK approved re-seller should say on their website that registration cannot be transferred to a new owner, and it's a pity that they do not offer the upgrade option that you do.
    Since you will be speaking to Gendan, perhaps you could suggest that it would be helpful for them to advise about the registration transfer using our FAQ#3.10 Can I sell my VCDS system to someone else?. Next time I am speaking with them, I will suggest they make mention of this FAQ or state similar content.

Regarding upgrades by distribs such as Gendan, they are not required to offer upgrades as there is no margin available to them for doing so. Should they choose to help, then some consideration should be given to them for their time.

2. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jason,
    I've emailed Gendan asking whether they offer an upgrade option. I should hear back in a couple of days.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bruce,

When I emailed Gendan I did indeed mention that I could see nothing on their website advising about registration transfer. I'm hoping that they may offer some consideration in enabling me to upgrade.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    Hi Jason,
    I've emailed Gendan asking whether they offer an upgrade option. I should hear back in a couple of days.
    Good, it's probably easiest for everyone if it can be handled in-country.

May I ask why you're looking at a HEX-USB+CAN? The HEX-NET interface is very nice, and doesn't cost much more for personal use.

Jason

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post

May I ask why you're looking at a HEX-USB+CAN? The HEX-NET interface is very nice, and doesn't cost much more for personal use.

Jason
    Probably because Gendan still have a message on their site saying not for sale in UK...
    They don't seem the most up to date seller....

Quite a margin they have as well.
    Approx 50 on each HexCan lead from comparing the RT price to Gendan price. Nice markup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    have you asked Ross-Tech in the US if they'll process your trade-in if it was bought from a reseller?
    Yes, his interface is eligible to for our trade-in program. Of course, there would be shipping costs.

Yes, I do drink the Kool-Aid here, but it's tasty and refreshing. Try it!
    Just don't ask what we spike it with.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
    Approx 50 on each HexCan lead from comparing the RT price to Gendan price. Nice markup.
    Are you taking VAT into consideration? Remember that there is NO VAT in the US.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
    Probably because Gendan still have a message on their site saying not for sale in UK...
    They don't seem the most up to date seller....
    No distributor is selling HEX-NET while we are in the Beta phase of release. That is why Gendan has a message saying not for sale.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce has answered that question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    No distributor is selling HEX-NET while we are in the Beta phase of release. That is why Gendan has a message saying not for sale.
    Today I have received a clear and detailed reply from Gendan who, with the agreement of Ross-Tech, would be prepared to sell me an upgrade package. On balance though it will probably be more cost effective for me to by a new HEX-USB+CAN from Gendan and then sell my existing Micro-CAN on eBay or similar - or even more likely I'll just keep what I've got and get someone else to read/reset the fault codes on a car I have which is a little too old to work with my existing interface.

Thanks all for your comments, I think now that there is no more to be said.