Thread: Help with vr6 emission control related faults

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with vr6 emission control related faults

HI Guys,
    im having an intermittent problem with engine light coming on and its seems it is due to the emission control.
    Ive replaced one of the N112 solenoid valves that operate flaps, ive run secondary air injection pump connected straight to the battery and it seems spin fine and quietly, and replaced new EVAP Purge Control Valve (N80).
    Could anyone advise me please in next troubleshooting steps? below is read out from the scan, can i do any in depth analysis with rosstech on the codes below and secondary injection air pump?

cheers
    joe

Address 01: Engine Labels: None
    Part No SW: 022 906 032 MK HW: 022 906 032
    Component: T5-3.2-AQ-EU4 G 3035
    Coding: 0001075
    Shop #: WSC 02756 790 00000
    VCID: 60CE248AB0372A4FF7-5140

2 Faults Found:
    16828 - EVAP Purge Control Valve (N80)
    P0444 - 004 - Circuit Open - MIL ON
    17840 - Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112)
    P1432 - 004 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
    Readiness: 0010 1101

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you overlay or check wiring for open for feed consumer BUS and current tracks back to ECU yet for respective components?

Fuses!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I right to think that engine components like purge valve related fuses would be in the engine compartment fuse box ? Car is multivan T5 v6
    Cheers

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would be right to observe the RTFB and get verified for forum & so we can help you more with a complete auto-scan....

JPPSG

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

RTFB

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

VCDS E-VERIFY PA/FL/VA NEU BUNKER MOUNTAIN

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...o-get-Verified
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi all, thank you for help, checked fuses and all good, so since connection was intermittent ive started to undo electrical tape and found broken wire inside the plastic sleeve. so all sorted, all cleared up, and im happy bunny again ( my ocd)

7. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave, Jack@European_Parts liked this post