Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-5N-Tiguan-Sedan-CCTA 2.0 L-Auto Trans-USA J527 STEERING FAULT IN TRANS

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    0x09 differences compare.........?

Compare all modules to scans of net yet?

Coding: EF1A0A1B80232EC4008800C11000044448010086564D89F064 800000A040

Coding: EF1A0A1B80232EC4008800C11000044448010086524D896064 8000000040

"Compare all modules to scans of net yet?"

I have spent some time comparing scans but didn't come up with any exact matches.
    Dana seemed to find a very close match, Tiguan with trailer mod.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Compare all modules to scans of net yet?"

I have spent some time comparing scans but didn't come up with any exact matches.
    Dana seemed to find a very close match, Tiguan with trailer mod.

Yes so did I............as aforementioned for you to compare.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but scans on net show otherwise and with same build, maybe there is a discrepancy huh?

Sometimes the book is wrong is all I'm saying, that is why further cross checks are needed, no?
    Totally agree 1000%

Post Thanks / Like
    Well start the compare and contrast book report sir...........

Already gave you the cliff notes.......
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took Jef's advise and it seems I was finally able to obtain the "paperless copy" of the vehicles PDI from dealer. Turns out my boss has a contact who has a close friend working in a VW dealer a few states away. He sent a screenshot of the document highlighting the J527 p/n!!!! Also it's the same p/n Dana located in the ross archives "Tiguan w Trailer" main difference being w-Kessy.

So it appears the J527 on this particular build should be 5K0-953-569-AJ

To recap previous modules fitted by shop in order: AL BC AS AK
    According to report vehicle should accept AJ

Bottom line is a proper pre scan along with retaining old module would have prevented this whole mess!
    Also this VW parts dept really sucks at shooting darts

I should have the part later this week and once installed and configured I will update thread.

Thanks All!

6. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhhh ahhhhhh no

Part No SW: 5K0 953 501 CL

8. Likes Jef, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhhh ahhhhhh no

Part No SW: 5K0 953 501 CL

Oh really I almost messed that up thanks buddy!

I don't work on a lot of VAG vehicles which I'm sure you have already detected lol

Curious are the part numbers and hardware numbers on VAG modules typically different part numbers or more often the same?

I noticed my J527 in VCDS Auto Scan showed "Part No SW: 5K0 953 569 AL HW: 5K0 953 569 AL"
    Last edited by Mills83; 04-06-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hardware part number is the physical box. The Software part number has to do with the firmware put into said box. When you scan any given control module with VCDS, on the "Open Controller" screen, the VAG number is the software part number.

So mystery solved, 5K0 953 501 CL it is... and that seems to be a unicorn rare part number. Google it... not a lot of results there.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    Hardware part number is the physical box. The Software part number has to do with the firmware put into said box. When you scan any given control module with VCDS, on the "Open Controller" screen, the VAG number is the software part number.

So mystery solved, 5K0 953 501 CL it is... and that seems to be a unicorn rare part number. Google it... not a lot of results there.

Thanks for the clarification on that Jef

No joke that part is certainly not easy to come by. I sure hope there's some dealer stock around somewhere close by

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...odule_Versions

Fantastic info on this ross page. Feeling stupid I didn't come across this before. It could of at the very least helped shed some of the test modules.

14. Likes Dana liked this post