2010 Q5 Trailer Module Removal

jezzb

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for this forum.

There seems to be a problem with my module (02539 terminal 30 from control module - 014 defective). When I switch off the car the trailer hitch module make a whining sound, similar to the sound emitted from an electric fuel pump, and after approximately 2 minutes, it goes quiet. When I start the car, I get an orange symbol, an unlocked padlock and the towing hitch, and it remains there until I switch off the engine. It seems like the module is damaged. As I have no need for towing, I was contemplating removing the module and remove any reference with VCDS. So, now I would like to ask if there are any instructions on how to remove the references and also if I need to re-wire anything. The trailer hitach is a factory Audi fitted. My car is an Audi Q5 from 2010, 3.0 Litre TDI.

Thanks
Best Regards
Jezz

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I would like to ask if there are any instructions on how to remove the references and also if I need to re-wire anything. The trailer hitach is a factory Audi fitted. My car is an Audi Q5 from 2010, 3.0 Litre TDI.
Jezz - we'll need you to post a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of your Q5 to be able to offer you instructions - see my signature for a How-To.

jezzb

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

-------------
Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator