Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 12715520 - No retrofit/stock car - but code doesn't get cleared

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It is not clear to me what the relationship is between the those Adaptation channels and the respective Long Coding bits.

However, I don't see how this can be perceived as "bug" in VCDS, unless you expect VCDS to go and do things like tweak Adaptation Channels behind your back, without telling you, which is not something we would have it do.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't even count how many times a Battery Jesus answered someone's prayers.

Not to be confused with Jew Jesus either & to be clear, I'm referring to George Carlin's big Electron Jesus.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes gokarty liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    It is not clear to me what the relationship is between the those Adaptation channels and the respective Long Coding bits.

However, I don't see how this can be perceived as "bug" in VCDS, unless you expect VCDS to go and do things like tweak Adaptation Channels behind your back, without telling you, which is not something we would have it do.

-Uwe-
    Uwe, I get what you're saying. Maybe it's just my basic understanding of VCDS so pardon me, but for example, if you turn on "Parking Lights Function" in long coding, the adaptation also automatically changes from 0 to 1
    Similarly, this works for multiple other long coding tweaks. It's only Channel 3 and Channel 4 that don't change. Maybe it's actually a problem with my BCM software I'm not sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gokarty View Post
    Uwe, I get what you're saying. Maybe it's just my basic understanding of VCDS so pardon me, but for example, if you turn on "Parking Lights Function" in long coding, the adaptation also automatically changes from 0 to 1
    Similarly, this works for multiple other long coding tweaks. It's only Channel 3 and Channel 4 that don't change. Maybe it's actually a problem with my BCM software I'm not sure
    If Adaptation Channels change when you change Coding values, it's the module deciding to do that, not VCDS. If they don't change, it's still the module deciding to do that (or in this case, not to do that).

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

7. Likes gokarty, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    If Adaptation Channels change when you change Coding values, it's the module deciding to do that, not VCDS. If they don't change, it's still the module deciding to do that (or in this case, not to do that).

-Uwe-
    Aha, okay I see