Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12715520 - No retrofit/stock car - but code doesn't get cleared

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you disconnect battery and run a jumper to do capacitor discharge & for 5 minutes and then remove jumper and reconnect battery and restart the cars systems like a computer being rebooted?

Is VCDS setup in configuration screen please show me yours?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gokarty View Post
    Dana, no changes were made prior, do you think a dealership can decode what's going on? The car gives the error a high priority but the dashboard has no lights and all KESSY functions are working normally

Also, would you by chance have the adaptations map for all the modules from your other 2017 NAR Jetta SEL scan? Maybe then I could compare each adaptation just to be very very sure
    The dealer may be able to determine the cause however they may not be very enthusiastic about doing so without any functional problems. Jack's battery Jesus suggestion is worth a shot but don't do that if time is limited. You may need to re-calibrate the steering angle sensor to resolve new (battery related) fault codes.

I do not have maps from that car but you may find some in our forum. I did find this (DRL winking and dimming discussion) when searching for your BCM part number though:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...E-TSI-DRL-wink

If you cannot locate a complete map set from a similar vehicle it might not hurt to post a wanted thread here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdi...on-Broken-Cars

3. Likes gokarty, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The dealer may be able to determine the cause however they may not be very enthusiastic about doing so without any functional problems. Jack's battery Jesus suggestion is worth a shot but don't do that if time is limited. You may need to re-calibrate the steering angle sensor to resolve new (battery related) fault codes.

I do not have maps from that car but you may find some in our forum. I did find this (DRL winking and dimming discussion) when searching for your BCM part number though:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...E-TSI-DRL-wink

If you cannot locate a complete map set from a similar vehicle it might not hurt to post a wanted thread here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdi...on-Broken-Cars
    Okay, I'll try the battery disconnect when I get the time thanks!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Did you disconnect battery and run a jumper to do capacitor discharge & for 5 minutes and then remove jumper and reconnect battery and restart the cars systems like a computer being rebooted?

Is VCDS setup in configuration screen please show me yours?

Hi Jack, I'll do the battery disconnect asap
    Also, what setup screen are you talking about? Your image doesn't load for some reason
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    He means this one:

That one is straight from the VCDS Manual:
    https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/option_screen.php

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

7. Likes gokarty, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That one is straight from the VCDS Manual:
    https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/option_screen.php

-Uwe-
    I need to be connected to the car via the cable right to get this information? Because currently I'm not connected right now and the shop name is blank and all other numbers (WSC/VZ/Equipment) are all zero
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-02-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Snipped Quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gokarty View Post
    The car gives the error a high priority but the dashboard has no lights and all KESSY functions are working normally
    gokarty: hmm....... you may be misunderstanding what "Priority 4" means. DTC s have 6 x Priority levels: Priority 1 is the highest - Priority 6 is the lowest. So, viewed from the opposite end - your DTC is two-up from trivial (no offense intended)!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to be connected to the car via the cable right to get this information? Because currently I'm not connected right now and the shop name is blank and all other numbers (WSC/VZ/Equipment) are all zero

That means your tester is not setup properly yet because you didn't RTFB.

I believe the USB is all that will need to be hooked up to the computer to configure VCDS but it would be best to have plugged into battery voltage on DLC port.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, you do not need to be connected to your car or even your cable.

Shop Name: Put any name you like, such as "gokarty". This is never sent to the car.
    WSC, put your ZIP code (provided it's less than 65535)
    VZ/Importer, put: 444 (correct for all US dealers)
    Equipment Number, put: the last five digits of your H11-nnnnnn serial number.

Since there are modules that block any of the defaults in VCDS, the idea here is to get some semblance of randomness that VW can't block.

Then click [Save] and exit VCDS. Re-start VCDS and make sure your inputs are on the above screen.

My personal opinion is that this won't help with your Kessy fault, but hey, it doesn't cost much to try.

In fact, I'm not sure this is a good idea at all, because if you then re-code your Kessy module with the same value that's already in there, the new WSC and Equipment number will be stored in there and your dealer (and VW) will be able to tell someone has been playing with this module.

-Uwe-

13. Likes gokarty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    That means your tester is not setup properly yet because you didn't RTFB..
    Depends what a person is doing, Jack. On a brand-new car, if one wishes to be stealthy and not leave tracks, it's actually better not to mess with those values unless it's absolutely necessary.

-Uwe-