Help with a MK4 golf 1.9 TDI :)

neon989

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just done my first scan and I'm wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me what I need sorting right away and the likely cost of it. Thanks in advance :)

Code:
VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2

Remainder Removed.  Data from a hack/pirated copy of VCDS-Lite is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

neon989

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I did? I bought it not cheaply off ebay not the cheap Chinese ones. it came with a ross tech cd of vcds lite? and says ross tech when installed?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ross-Tech doesn't sell anything on eBay and has never provided VCDS-Lite on media of any sort. The only place to get a license for VCDS-Lite is at the link I provided.

-Uwe-

neon989

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
So your telling me I've been done a kipper and that it's not genuine as the seller stated? SO I need to return cable and cd and buy direct from the link you provided?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Hi, I thought I did? I bought it not cheaply off ebay not the cheap Chinese ones.
Then you need to open a case with eBay to report that you have been sold counterfeit goods.

it came with a ross tech cd of vcds lite?
If the English version of VCDS or VCDS-Lite is supplied on a CD then it is almost certainly a hacked rip-off.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
SO I need to return cable and cd and buy direct from the link you provided?
With VCDS-Lite, the cable itself is not an issue. The hacked software you are using is.

-Uwe-

neon989

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Ok thanks for your help, I shall report this to ebay and buy as you have suggested. Apologies as I didn't know. Alex

Back