Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [New Project Setup] How to find out/decode wiring information and pin-outs

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^gokarty: the amount of intra-switch information on erWin WD s seems to vary with the particular car and with the specific model: some WD s simply show the LDS as a "black-box", while others are more generous in their depiction of the inner working of the part.

I have no idea how those in the "Vaterland" decide which approach to adopt (I learnt long ago that the will of these omnipotent deities is well beyond the fragile reasoning of our feeble minds! )

Don
    Don, okay lol that makes sense

Do you by chance have the WD for a euroswitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gokarty View Post
    Do you by chance have the WD for a euro-switch?
    hmm.....if by the term "euro-switch", you mean an LDS that has an AUTO position - then yes, I have a couple of versions but only for a mk7 Golf. Given the need to be kosher -here is a "more official" version that I have used for another purposed:

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes gokarty, Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    hmm.....if by the term "euro-switch", you mean an LDS that has an AUTO position - then yes, I have a couple of versions but only for a mk7 Golf. Given the need to be kosher -here is a "more official" version that I have used for another purposed:

Don
    Yes that's exactly what I needed, euro-switch because here in the US, they don't give us a switch with the "park light position", just off, auto, lowbeam and front fog
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-06-2020 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Snipped Quote

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have made some headway. I found the exact wire in the terminal position at the headlight that controls the LED DRL strip. I'm waiting for my DMM to come in the mail however meanwhile, do you know how I can find the exact wire (0.5mm^2)? Is there usually a part number associated with individual wires in VW cars?

6. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure the same VW repair wire 000979009E (from the Mk6 VW Vortex thread) applies. If in doubt, obtain the part number printed on the T10 connector and that part number can be searched for compatible repair wires.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I'm pretty sure the same VW repair wire 000979009E (from the Mk6 VW Vortex thread) applies. If in doubt, obtain the part number printed on the T10 connector and that part number can be searched for compatible repair wires.
    VW repair wire 000979009E - is ubiquitous (not just mk6)!
    Don

VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

10. Likes Uwe liked this post