Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sample long coding and clarification for 2017 Jetta before purchase of HEX-V2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Sample long coding and clarification for 2017 Jetta before purchase of HEX-V2

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the HEX-V2 for my 2017 NAR VW Jetta SEL (MK 6 Face Lift)

But before purchasing is there any way of getting sample screenshots of how many bits are actually labeled in the long coding helper along with which adaptation channels I can modify? The reason I ask is because I have had a bad experience in the past with another device so wanted to be sure that I can actually use the cable and not have a bunch of unlabeled bits where I can't modify anything with confidence

Also, could someone guide me if the following is actually possible:
    I have to often go through a security checkpoint and the DRLs on the 2017 Jetta are causing problems for me since Im required to turn them off but I can't turn them off through MFD like the GLI owners since my BCM is PQ25

I read that I can bend the TFL pin and/or use VCDS to turn off DRL but I like the DRL and it's safety features so I was wondering if it's possible to only have them off when the light switch is in 0

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,
    gokarty

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whell, in generall the Labeling of LongCoding Bits in VCDS must be seen as good guess of the functionality ...
    Because it is only found by reverse trying out and rengeneering the functionality ...
    You have to ask a bit more precise, on which control unit you are interested ?
    A normal car does have 20 ECU´s mostly every one does have LongConding ...

3. Likes Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Without knowing exactly which BCM your car has, no, that's not possible. I mean we could guess, but then if you had a different one, we'd be wrong anyway.

And even if we did know exactly what BCM you had, I'd be reluctant to post it all, because if it showed exactly what bits you needed to tweak, then you could just use the other device to do it and wouldn't need to buy VCDS at all, right?

I'm not that familiar with the Mk.6 facelift Jetta. I suspect the way DRLs work on those might be buried in the magical mystery tour hidden behind Byte 18.

Does your headlight switch have an "Auto" position?

Do your DRLs not turn off if you pull up on the handbrake just a little bit?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, my bad

The BCM is the PQ25

Yes, I have an AUTO switch with the RLS (Rain Light Sensor) installed

And the Control Unit I'm interested in is the Central Electrics

The 2017 Jetta uses an LED strip built into the headlight housing which is very bright when DRL is active but dims when headlights turn on kind of a copy of Audi style headlights. Yes, the DRLs turn off when i lift the handbrake but I have to go through multiple checkpoints and keeping my hand on the hand brake and slightly pulling up was my first choice but it has caused considerable problems with the security personnel

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also Uwe, I understand why you are reluctant to post the bits and the labels but maybe you can post a screenshot of the long coding helper available and blur out the text so that the screenshot itself is useless but atleast it could give me an idea that the bits do actually have labels? I am not trying to fool or cheat Ross Tech in any way, just genuinely interested in buying the cable but wanted to not have a repeat episode by buying something that didn't help me
    Hope you understand

Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not all BCM PQ25 modules are the same. They come in several variants... Got a VW part number? Then I could at least look for a scan that includes this part number.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

8. Likes gokarty liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PQ25 BCM is good documented in VCDS.
    Do get an overview, just look @ google pictures ...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=PQ25...=1920&bih=1079

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Not all BCM PQ25 modules are the same. They come in several variants... Got a VW part number? Then I could at least look for a scan that includes this part number.

-Uwe-
    Sure, the BCM is PQ25 Max3

Hardware Number : 7E0937190
    Hardware Version : H81
    Serial Number : 88003324160043

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @dnoermann
    Appreciate the info, thank you, however I just wanted to get a clear idea for the latest VCDS version since I figure that there may have been more bits discovered/labelled in the past few years
    Last edited by gokarty; 03-26-2020 at 01:40 PM. Reason: adding user tag

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe, any luck?

Meanwhile I have an interesting observation to point out. Last night I tried removing every single pin in the headlight switch individually but not a single PIN controlled the DRLs. However, when I start my car without the headlight switch installed, the headlights(low-beam) turn on, even though there is no switch!

These findings are encouraging and discouraging since they give me hope that the BCM is controlling the DRLs so VCDS might actually be able to accomplish what I would like however it also sucks that I cannot just wire in a switch to the "TFL" pin and have DRL on demand literally like a light switch

Do you think purchasing documentation/service manual from erWin would help you or me?