Steering wheel clunk

Lior.s

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=392580
Hey all
I have a clunk from the steering wheel just when i turn on the car and in the first wheel sterring move i can feel some clunk but then everything normal
Audi checked the blots and everting fine
Idea ?

the car is audi rs3 2016
And no fault codes

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Which bolts have Audi checked? I would check all the front suspension and steering component fixings for tightness and also the ball joints for play.

Reactions: Uwe

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

I agree with PetrolDave. :) - You should verify what Audi says and I may take it a step further if you did not find anything obvious. You may have to loosen and re-torque ALL the suspension hardware, including the sub-frame, the steering parts, axles, etc.

If this does not help, I would invest in an Automotive Stethoscope (under $20us) and ask for assistance from a second person.
- With the automotive stethoscope you can place the listening end on a suspect part and the other person can turn the rack.
- The nice thing about the automotive stethoscope is that they are very sensitive and you hear only what is being vibrated at the end of that scope.
- Many times you can pick up on a noise that is near by and not necessarily at the source due to the vibrations.

Use the Official Factory Repair Information for repair information and torque specifications.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Back